European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) is an online travel authorization requirement imposed on countries with EU visa waiver, set to commence from early 2021.
The ETIAS travel authorization will apply to all EU Member States that are part of the Schengen area, including those which do not yet fully apply the Schengen acquis, i.e. Croatia, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania.
- ETIAS is not a visa applies to nationals of visa liberalization countries must obtain a travel authorization via ETIAS prior to their travel.
- ETIAS is valid for 3 years for unlimited entries
- ETIAS system will charge €7 fee for each application. Automated approval which will be communicated to them within minutes of payment
- Applicants will be given a response by email with a valid travel authorization, or a justification for the refusal.
Even citizens of Monaco, Andorra, San Marino are subjected to ETIAS. US citizens, including Canadian’s, Australians are required to apply for ETIAS travel authorization to enter the Schengen Area.
Below are full list of countries subjected to ETIAS requirement.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA2
FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA2
HOLY SEE (VATICAN CITY STATE)
HONG KONG S.A.R.
| SOLOMON ISLANDS
ST KITTS AND NEVIS
ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
ETIAS will also apply to UK citizens from 2021. British citizens who are not nationals of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for the purposes of Union law are subjected to ETIAS:
- British nationals (Overseas)
- British overseas territories citizens (BOTC)
- British overseas citizens (BOC)
- British protected persons (BPP)
- British subjects (BS)
The full list of countries are updated here