Malta offers golden visa (permanent residency) to investors to invest in Government bonds/stocks/treasury securities for five years. The entire investment is refunded to investors after five years . Investors along with their family members including adult children and parents receive permanent residency rights to live in Malta.
Malta’s Residency bond scheme requires investors who purchase Government stocks or bonds for EUR 250,000 plus EUR 30,000 state fee. All family members qualify for permanent residency card in Malta
Malta issues schengen residence permit can travel freely within 26 EU schengen states including Switzerland.
The Malta Residency Visa (MRVA) Programme, provides international investors with permanent residency rights. These rights will apply only for non-EU / EEA / Swiss Nationals. The Programme provides an opportunity for potential beneficiaries and dependents to reside, settle or stay indefinitely in Malta according to Legal Notice 288 of 2015.
- Permanent residency in Schengen member state
- Free movement in the schengen area
- No requirement to live in Malta
- Foreigners are unrestricted to buy property in Malta and Gozo.
- Purchase Government Stock worth €250,000 that is to be retained for a period of five years;
- Pay an administration fee of €30,000;
- Pay €5,000 for parents-in-law and grandparents;
- Provide a Health Insurance to cover the entire family/dependents;
- Rent a property for a minimum of €10,000 for a period of five years or purchase a property for a minimum of €270,000.
- Health insurance coverage
Citizenship is not possible under malta golden visa scheme