One Time Donation
Hotels / Resorts
Vanuatu is a major financial center in the backyard of Australia and New Zealand. Vanuatu is also a popular tropical holiday destination for travelers. The Word Vanuatu comes from two words – “Vanua” (homeland) + tu (stand for).
The Pacific nation of Vanuatu offers a unique citizenship by investment program. Vanuatu offers expedited citizenship to foreign investments who make a donation to the state or purchasing a real estate in the islands. Vanuatu Government launched Development Support Program (VDSP) and Contribution Program (VCP) in March 2017, later made important changes to the Citizenship by investment in 2018, reducing the minimum investment. Prior to this since 2014, Vanuatu operated, three different programs, Capital Investor program and VERP Capital Investment Immigration Plan (CIIP) and Real Estate Option Program (REO) in 2016.
Today, there are two citizenship schemes currently available (DSP/VCP) for fast track citizenship in Vanuatu that comes with the following benefits.
- Citizenship Act [Cap 112]
- Citizenship (Development Support Program) Regulations Order No. 33 of 2019
- Order No. 39 of 2020
- Order No. 39 of 2020
- Second passport in a commonwealth pacific country.
- Right to live, work and do business in Vanuatu as a citizen.
- Apply to become for Australia permanent resident status.
- Visa free travel to 95 countries including Russia.
- Citizenship in a commonwealth country with close relations to Australia/ New Zealand.
- Citizenship for spouse, children and parents.
- Fastest Citizenship processing time less than 30 days.
- No residence requirements for citizenship.
- Opportunity to Invest or trade in Vanuatu business or enterprise projects
- No income tax for individuals/ companies.
- No death duty levied. No capital gains tax. No estate taxes.
- English is official language
- Dual citizenship not restricted freely allowed
- Citizenship for family and children
Eligible investments that qualify for citizenship.
- Vanuatu Contribution Program (VCP) – $130,000 (only for China market)
- Honorary Development Support Program (DSP) – $130,000 (All countries)
- Vanuatu Real Estate Option (REO) Program – $200,000 (All countries)
Both the DSP and VCP has the same donation contributions. The DSP program is offered to all international countries (except Hong Kong which is reserved for VCP). Vanuatu has the fastest processing times compared to all other citizenship by investment programs in the World. Please expect processing times on average 2-3 months.
1.Donation (DSP Program)
|Vanuatu DSP program costs in USD
|Married Couple + 1 Child under 18
|Married Couple + 2 Children under 18
* Note: Govt prescribed price for DSP program
|Additional application fees for additional family members
|Each additional child (aged under 18 years)
|Each dependent child aged between 18 to 25
|Each dependent adult over 50 years old
All applicants had to go through background checks for criminal activity, including police and Interpol checks before being granted passport of Vanuatu.
Vanuatu has launched third investment option (IGBO) issuing government bonds from March 27, 2023.
The Reserve Bank of Vanuatu is to issue 500 units of government bonds at zero interest rate from the date of issuing as follows:
(a) maturing in 24 months- AUD 180,000; and
(b) maturing in 30 months- AUD 170,000; and
(c) maturing in 36 months- AUD I50,000
The Issue of Bonds for citizenship has not commenced yet.
3. Real Estate
The Vanuatu Citizenship by Real Estate Option (REO) was launched on 23 July 2021. Applicants for citizenship under the REO must invest in a property in a Vanuatu Government Approved Project (VGA Project) in addition to payment of the prescribed fees. . The Citizenship (Real Estate Option) Program was enacted under section 13F of the Citizenship Act [CAP. 112] and Citizenship (Real Estate Option Program) Regulation Order No. 93 of 2021.
An Applicant for Vanuatu Citizenship under the REO Program must purchase a property in a Vanuatu Government Approved Project (VGA Projects) and pay the relevant prescribed fees.
Prospective CIP Investors must invest atleast $200,000 in any of the below approved real estate projects by the government.
- “Pacific Springs” situated at Rentabao on the island of Efate;
- “Narpow Point Coral Bay” situated at Narpow Point on the island of Efate;
- “FPF Rainbow City Project” situated at Narpow Point on the island of Efate;
- “Milai” situated on the island of Espiritu Santo.
We Accept Bitcoin
We accept Bitcoin for Vanuatu CBI. Clients can make full payments in Bitcoin (BTC), Tether (USDT), Bitcoin cash (BCH) , Ethereum (ETH) or in any other cryptocurrencies. Please contact us for wallet information.
|FIU due diligence fee
|US$ 7,500 per application
|Passport stamp fee
USD 500 (for individual)
|USD 250 / per person
Investment sum can be paid in multiple currencies – AUD, NZD and JPY besides US dollar and prices have been fixed to protect investors from currency fluctuations.
Citizenship may be revoked later if found engaged in fraud or illegal activities. The Vanuatu Passport office issues passports for investors who is approved by Citizenship commission.
- FIU due diligence check – 7 days
- DSP Approval Letter – 20 days
- Passport time – 7 days (after approval)
All Vanuatu citizenship applications are assessed on two benchmarks and must follow the basic eligibility criteria
- Pass the Vanuatu Financial Intelligence Unit Due Diligence check, and
- Clients’ proof of financial assets held in their home country, that should be a minimum of USD 250,000 or more.
- No criminal record.
- Not a wanted person by law enforcement or Interpol.
Australia Permanent Residence
One of the most important benefits applying for Vanuatu CBI is citizens of Vanuatu, can get Australia permanent resident status through Pacific engagement visa scheme. This PR status also provides a great pathway to Australian citizenship after 5 years. Every year some 3000 visas available for Vanuatu drawn by a lottery each month. To be eligible for the Pacific Engagement Visa, primary applicants will need to:
- be aged between 18 to 45 to enter the ballot
- be selected through the ballot process
- secure a formal ongoing job offer in Australia (or their partner/spouse must have a job offer)
- meet English language, character and health checks
- hold a passport for a participating country
- have been born in or have a parent who was born in an eligible country.
Applicants can include a partner and legally dependent children in their application.
The application form is free to download from Vanuatu citizenship commission website. Before you apply through authorized agent, we recommend to be ready by completing the application form.
Please attach copies of passport, id cards, police certificate and health certificate.
How to Apply
Follow these simple steps to apply for vanuatu citizenship
- Prepare all the necessary documents (passports, police clearance, health certificate etc) along with the nomination application
- Pay initial FIU due diligence fee USD 7,500 application to start the process.
- File your application through authorized DSP agent (through our lawyer and licensed agent)
- Wait for 2 weeks to receive your approval in principle letter from Vanuatu Citizenship commission (VCC)
- Pay the full investment USD 130,000 or more depending on whether you apply as one person or family. Do not make the full investment if you dont receive approval from VCC.
- Receive your Letter of approval for citizenship.
- Take an oath online or video conferencing
- Receive your citizenship certificate and passport at the nearest Vanuatu consulate (or through proxy).
- Vanuatu CBI – Download pdf
- Vanuatu Special Edition – Download pdf
- Vanuatu DSP Brochure – Download pdf
- On 24th April 2019, the Citizenship (Development Support Program) Regulations Order NO.33 of 2019 came into effect and apart from its extended definition section and detailed procedures entailed, a new threshold of selling prices USD 130,000 endorsed which needed to be respected by all Agents which warranted strict compliance in order to avoid penalty, even revocation.
- New Vanuatu passports issued from June 2019 will be valid for 10 years (instead of 5 years) with latest security features.
- Honorary citizenship removed from citizenship certificates. New regulations allowing either the Chairman of the Commission or the Prime Minister to sign the required documents cancelling out the “honorary” terminology as both passports are the same.
- Applications of persons with criminal records will not be accepted.
Vanuatu has made amendments to CIP legislation on March 27, 2020. Some of the most important changes include
- Due diligence fee increased to $7,500 (from $5000) as of 2024
- FIU processing times increased.
- Tighter scrutiny of applications through third party due diligence firms
FIU Due Diligence
All applicants must pass due diligence checks done by FIU unit of Vanuatu government before being issued of citizenship certificates and passports.
- DSP/VCP Agents authorized by unit conduct the frontline due diligence by understanding the background of the applicants and the source of funds, criminal background.
- Agents submit applications including valid passport, police or judicial clearance, Curriculum Vitae (VC) and any such requested documents are then submitted to the FIU where the due diligence process completed within 48 hours and a written finding to the Citizenship Screening Committee.
- FIU checks for for criminal conviction, FIU utilises several globally reputable screening databases in its due diligence process including checking INTERPOL database or past criminal conviction records , global blacklisting, sanctions, financial disqualification, corporate solvency, terrorism, individual bankruptcy and political-affluent persons.
- FIU also monitors of all successful applicants in the Program with re-screeing of checks and provides reports to Vanuatu citizenship commission (VCP) for adverse reports.
- VCP recommends the applicant to Prime Ministers office.
- Citizenship and passport issued to all successful applicants.
Steps to Apply
1. Engagement letter: Start the process paying just initial $7,500 DD Govt. fee. Provide us initial set of documents.
2. Licensed Agent.: We will assign you one, who will help you to fill out all forms, attach documents and submit application to citizenship office. Wait for approval letter.
3. Pre-approval: After FIU check, approval letter issued, client pays full investment to government bank account.
4. Get passport: Take Oath. Citizenship certificate and passport can be collected or authorized person will arrange delivery.
Nationals of following countries are restricted from applying for Vanuatu DSP and VCP schemes, unless they have lived abroad as permanent resident for more than 5 years.
- North Korea.
Note: The Vanuatu Citizenship commission may accept applications from restricted countries if the applicant shows that he or she has not resided in the restricted country for the past 5 years; and (2) provides evidence of permanent residency abroad.
Foreigners who apply for Vanuatu citizenship under DSP/VCP have restricted privileges as below. These rights are only enjoyed by indigenous citizens. Article 13 (3) of Vanuatu constitution states, “For the purposes of protecting the national sovereignty of Vanuatu, a holder of dual citizenship must not;
- Hold or serve in any public office;
- Be involved in Vanuatu politics;
- Fund activities that would cause political instability in Vanuatu;
- Affiliate with or form any political parties in Vanuatu;
- Stand as a candidate and vote at any of the following elections: (i) general election for Members of Parliament; (ii) Provincial election for members to a provincial Government Council and (iii) municipal election for members to a Municipal Council.
Vanuatu passport has visa free travel to 95 countries as of 2024 and ranks 56th best passport in the World according to Henley index.
The visa free access to UK and Schengen area temporarily suspended for all Vanuatu citizens. The United Kingdom and European Union has imposed a visa requirement to all vanuatu nationals in 2023. These is only temporary measure and Vanuatu authorities are in constant discussions with UK/EU to restore visa free access.
Hence, Vanuatu CBI is only suitable for those who already have a powerful passport and seeking alternative citizenship for tax purposes.
European Schengen Area
The EU authorities imposed full visa requirement for all nationals of Vanuatu due to defects with CBI program, until 3 August 2024. Vanuatu passport holders require a Schengen visa for the bloc which is represented by the French Embassy in Port-Vila.
Effective 19 Jul 2023, The UK government has further imposed visas on Vanuatu nationals visiting the UK, canceling the existing visa waiver agreement. All Nationals of Vanuatu now require to apply for a UK visa instead of traveling visa free.
Citizens of Vanuatu can travel without visa to Israel, Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc..
A visa is required to visit United States, UK, EU (Schengen), Canada, Mexico, UAE (evisa) etc.
Vanuatu is a Pacific island country located in the South Pacific Ocean with a population of 270,000. Vanuatu is a Y-shaped archipelago consisting of about 82 relatively small, geologically newer islands of volcanic origin (65 of them inhabited). The four mainstays of the economy are agriculture, tourism, offshore financial services, and raising cattle. There is substantial fishing activity, although this industry does not bring in much foreign exchange.
Tourism brings in much-needed foreign exchange. Vanuatu is widely recognised as one of the premier vacation destinations for scuba divers wishing to explore coral reefs of the South Pacific region. A further significant attraction to scuba divers is the wreck of the US ocean liner and converted troop carrier SS President Coolidge on Espiritu Santo island. Sunk during World War II, it is one of the largest shipwrecks in the world that is accessible for recreational diving.
In Vanuatu, there is no income tax, withholding tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, or exchange control.
These are the most important questions we have compiled regarding Vanuatu citizenship scheme for investors.
How much is Vanuatu citizenship?
Prices start from $130,000 plus DD fee and application filing fee.
How much time it takes for the Vanuatu passport?
The processing times is 2-3 month, if all the documents in order. No personal visit required
Is Vanuatu a tax free country?
Vanuatu no income, wealth or inheritance tax.
What are the visa free countries using Vanuatu passport?
The Ni-Vanuatu passport has visa free access to 103 countries including Russia, Israel, Singapore etc.
What makes Vanuatu citizenship by investment unique?
“Vanuatu is the only pacific country that runs official CBI program. It is a tax free and one of few countries in the world free of Covid-19
Can i invest in real estate for citizenship?
Yes, you can.
Do i need to visit Vanuatu to receive passports?
No, you can collect citizenship certificate along with passport from your authorized agent or at Vanuatu consulates worldwide.
Do i need to pay full investment at the start?
No. First you 10% of the initial payment, rest ONLY after the letter of approval is issued by Vanuatu citizenship commission.
Is Oath of allegiance required to be granted citizenship/passport?
Yes, you can take oath by visiting Vanuatu or at the consulate or an immigration officer to come visit your authorized agents office. It takes 30 minutes to take the oath.There is an additional charge of $5000 for an office visit.
What is FIU check?
The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) of Vanuatu does background checks of all citizenship investors and their family members against sanctions, criminal record, Interpol database and source of funds. Only applicants who pass these checks will be granted citizenship under DSP/VCP schemes.
The fee for FIU check is $7500 per file. In most cases this check is completed within 7 days.
Can stateless people apply for Vanuatu citizenship by investment?
Yes, it is possible. The bank may require identification to receive your payment.
Are there any restricted countries who cannot apply for DSP citizenship program?
Russia, Belarus, Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Yemen cannot apply for Vanuatu CBI program. The Vanuatu Citizenship commission may accept applications from restricted countries if the applicant shows that he or she (1) has not resided in the restricted country for the past 5 years; and (2) provides evidence of permanent residency abroad.
What is the difference between DSP and VCP schemes?
The key difference between two programs is DSP scheme offers honorary citizenship, while VCP offers ordinary citizenship. Both schemes do not offer right to vote according to the Constitution of Vanuatu. Dual citizens cannot vote or hold public offices without meeting a ten-year residency requirement.
Constitution of Vanuatu explicitly states that holders of Dual Citizenship must not: (a) hold or serve in any public office; and (b) be involved in Vanuatu politics; and (c) fund activities that would cause political instability in Vanuatu; and (d) affiliate with or form any political parties in Vanuatu; (e) stand as a candidate and vote at any of the following elections: (i) general election for Members to Parliament; and (ii) provincial election for members to a Provincial Government Council; and (iii) municipal election for members to a Municipal Council.
These restrictions do not apply to native or naturalized or born nationals in Vanuatu.
Are there any quotas for Vanuatu CIP?
Is name change is allowed?
It is possible after getting your citizenship. You have to apply with affidavit for name change explaining with reasons for name change and provide proof of renouncing your previous citizenship.
Do you arrange meetings in Dubai?
We dont arrange meetings. But our advisors frequently travel to events and conferences in Dubai and many countries.
Can the Vanuatu passport renewed after expiry?
Yes, you can at the consulate or the passport office in Vanuatu. Dont forget you also need a Vanuatu birth certificate to renew. Apply for this well before renewal.
Which countries can i visit visa free using Vanuatu passport?
Refer to important visa free countries you can visit using Vanuatu passport
Are you an authorized agent?
We work with a trusted authorized agent approved by Government of Vanuatu. We can refer you to them. Our Services are free of charge.
How long is the vanuatu passport valid for issued under DSP/VCP scheme?
As of 2019, the validity increased to 10 years. You can renew your passport by paying small passport issue fee ($60). Citizenship is issued for lifetime.
How much time it takes to receive Vanuatu passport?
Please allow 2-3 months. You can speed up your application by making sure that all documents are valid and correct
- Application processing: Less than 1 month
- FIU check: 2 weeks
- Passport time: 1 week
You can collect passports through your authorized agent.
Does Vanuatu offer commonwealth citizenship?
Yes, Vanuatu is a commonwealth country and all citizens are commonwealth citizens. Commonwealth citizens may receive consular assistance from British embassies and consulates in foreign non-Commonwealth nations where their home countries have not established diplomatic or consular posts.
How do i travel to Vanuatu by air?
You can fly to Port Vila’s Bauerfield International airport (VLI) directly from, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Solomon.
National carrier Air Vanuatu operates regular services to Port Vila from Auckland, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Noumea and Nadi. Air Vanuatu also provides domestic services to a number of islands in Vanuatu. Other airlines operating to Vanuatu include Air Calin, Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Fiji Airways, Solomon Airlines, and Air Niugini.
Does Vanuatu guarantee citizenship for investors?
The Granting of Ni-Vanuatu citizenship is at the sole discretion of the government. You have to pay the full amount, only after receiving approval letter from the Citizenship commission.
Does Vanuatu publish names of CBI citizens to public or report to other countries?
No. Privacy is guaranteed to investors and names not published in Gazette and not reported to other countries
Does Vanuatu has any physical residence conditions?
No. There is no required to visit or live in Vanuatu after receiving your passport.
What documents are required?
You will need these important documents ready to start the process. We ask you apply in advance of 2 months.
- Police certificate of no criminal record
- Original passport + certified copies
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificates
- References and bank statements
- Health certificate with medical clearance
All documents must have APOSTILLE seal to be accepted in Vanuatu. Vanuatu is a member of Hague convention, so any document issued by a country abroad must have apostille seal to be accepted in Vanuatu.
Can Vanuatu revoke citizenship of investors?
Yes, if found to be involved 30 people lost their citizenship for fraud, concealment, or wanted by interpol or other law enforcement agencies.
Can i get permanent resident card?
To get a driver’s license or ID card, you need to rent a place for housing or buy a property.
Can i open a bank account in Vanuatu?
Yes. There are 3 popular banks in Vanuatu. These are ANZ bank, BSP (Bank of South Pacific) and BRED bank.
Is Vanuatu an offshore tax haven?
Vanuatu has zero corporate tax, no income tax, no capital gains tax, no estate tax, no wealth tax, no withholding tax, no gift tax and no other personal income taxes. Vanuatu has 15% VAT (Value added Tax or GST) on all goods & services. On 26 June 2018, Vanuatu joins OECD international efforts against tax evasion and avoidance. Vanuatu implemented CRS tax reporting standard with banks sharing the tax details of customers in 2018