Montenegro is a beautiful picturesque country in south eastern Europe surrounded by Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia and Albania. Montenegro. Montenegro future candidate for EU membership and NATA and currently has UN and WTO membership. The name Montenegro is derived from the word “black mountain” (Monte (“mountain”) and Negro (“black”). The currency of Montenegro is Euro. Montenegro is currently listed as a candidate country for EU membership.
The Montenegrin citizenship by investment program is a development mechanism for creating new jobs and raising living standards of the citizens.
The Government will accepted applications from 1 Jan 2019
- No language tests, No business experience.
- No military service required.
- Free movement in EU countries and Schengen area
The following investments qualify under Montenegrin citizenship by investment scheme.
1. EUR 250,000 investment in undeveloped areas of Montenegro
2. EUR 450,000 investment in developed areas of Montenegro
The Government will charge additional EUR 100,000 per application which is used in development of Montenegro. The total cost will be EUR 350,000
In addition, the applicant must deposit
- 15,000 euros for an application for single applicant
- 10,000 euros for up to 4 family members, and
- 50,000 euros for each next family member,
All applicants must pass Governments due diligence and vetting process, before being granted citizenship under the investment scheme.
Tourist or Hotel Investments
Montenegro encourages large investment development projects in Tourist or hotel developments
- €5 million creating 25 jobs
- €15 million creating 80 jobs
The Special economic citizenship program by admission will only run for three years and limited to 2000 applicants applying for citizenship through investment
Citizenship + Permanent Residency
Investors will be issued permanent residency within 3 weeks and after 2 months will receive naturalisation certificate for citizenship and passport.
Interested applicants must apply through authorized agents appointed by the Government.
Montenegrin passport is ranked 42nd in the world with visa free access to 123 countries including EU schengen states, Russia, Turkey, Singapore etc. A visa is needed to travel to United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and United States
Montenegro is expected to join EU in 2025 and will be a part of schengen area after that.
Montenegro offers low tax policy for established businesses and individuals.
Montenegro allows holding dual citizenship and does not requires relinquishing previous citizenships under the new economic citizenship scheme.
Montenegro has signed E1 and E2 treaty with United States since 1882, which are better alternatives for EB-5 scheme
|Montenegro||E-1||November 15, 1882|
|Montenegro||E-2||November 15, 1882|
- E-1 – Treaty trader, spouse or child – For businesses and individuals engaged in substantial international trade between the US and the treaty trader country. The volume of trade must be sufficient to provide employment for a number of people in the United States and must constitute the majority of the trader’s international trade.
- E-2 – Treaty investor, spouse or child – For those who have made a significant investment in a US business in which the investor has at least a 50% ownership. The investment must be sufficient to provide employment for a number of people in the United States and must be in an active US business.