Canada is the most popular immigrant destination for HNW families. Canada offers the best quality of living, with world class health care and education. Canada is a diverse multicultural country with strong economy. Some of the best universities in the world are in Canada.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is most popular path to become a permanent resident in Canada. Once selected, any new Canadian resident under any of the Quebec Programs may choose to reside in any Province of their choice. The QIIP also provides path to Canadian citizenship after three years of living in Canada.
Canada in 2018 announced new changes to quebec immigrant investor scheme and new changes were published in the official gazette
Quebec program has officially opened on Sep 10, 2018 for application intake and will run until March 15, 2018, roughly for about six months.
New Investment Requirements
To be eligible for the Investor Program, applicants are required to meet the following conditions:
- Investment minimum: Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest C$1,200,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program
- Net Assets: Have, alone or with your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, legally acquired net assets of at least C$2,000,000, excluding any amounts received by donation less than six months before your application is submitted
- Business experience: Have management experience in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business; in a legal professional business whose staff, excluding you, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs; in an international agency; or with a government or one of its departments or agencies. The management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, human or material resources under your authority. This does not include experience acquired in an apprenticeship, training or specialization leading to a diploma.
We now offer financing option with a fixed fee option for USD 265,000 (or CAD 350,000)
Applications will also be assessed on other factors, such as your age, education and language skills.
Maximum number of applications
According to Quebec government, A total of 1900 applications will be accepted of which a maximum of 1,235 applications from foreign nationals from the People’s Republic of China, including the administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao, will be accepted.
The rules regarding the maximum number of applications that can be received do not reflect a change in Québec’s immigration objectives.
September 10, 2018
to March 15, 2019
– Stream 1 : 25
– Stream 2 : 35
August 15, 2018
to March 31, 2019
August 15, 2018
to March 31, 2019
If you have advanced intermediate knowledge of French oral expression and oral comprehension demonstrated by submitting results of a standardized test recognized by the Ministère, you may submit an application under one of the programs for business people (investors, entrepreneurs, and self-employed workers) at any time until October 31, 2019. Your application is not subject to the rule on the maximum number of applications that will be received or the application intake period.
- A maximum of 1,235 applications from foreign nationals from the People’s Republic of China, including the administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao, will be accepted.
The Minister selects a foreign national as investor if the foreign national meets the conditions provided for in the investor program.
An investor is a foreign national at least 18 years of age who settles in Québec to invest in Québec. The Minister selects a foreign national under the investor program if the foreign national
(1) has experience in management;
(2) has, alone or with the accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, net assets of at least $2,000,000 whose lawful origin must be demonstrated;
(3) makes a 5-year term investment of $1,200,000 with a subsidiary of Investissement Québec for which the foreign national has entered into an investment agreement with a financial intermediary bound by an agreement with the Minister and the subsidiary and that will be the foreign national’s mandatary in Québec;
(4) obtained the passing score provided for in the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals in the awarding of the points in respect of the factors and criteria provided for in the Selection grid for the economic class in Schedule A
The Government of Canada introduced a new bill in 2017 cutting the citizenship time from five years to just three years
The passport of Canada is sixth best passport in the world with visa free travel to 185 countries in 2018.