The New Brunswick province of Canada, offers a new New Brunswick immigrant program (NBIP).
Unlike Quebec which requires a passive investment of $1.2m guaranteed by government,with NBIIP, foreign investors are required to invest and run a business living in New Brunswick.
The New Brunswick province is currently open to foreign investment attracting investors creating new jobs and enhance the province competitiveness in capital markets. New Brunswick is the only bilingual province in Canada with two thirds of the population declare themselves anglophones and a third are francophones.
Like many other Canadian provinces and territories, New Brunswick has its own immigration program streams, targeting certain groups, and eligibility criteria. Some streams target entrepreneurs, graduates, skilled workers with employer support, skilled workers with family support, etc
The New Brunswick Foreign Investment Scheme offers full PR status in Canada to family of investors in the province.
CAD 250,000 investment
invested into Mixed-use Residential/ Commercial Development, Mining, Forestry, Tourism (ie. Hotels, etc.), Health Care
(ie. Nursing Homes, etc.) and Infrastructure Projects located in New Brunswick, Canada creating 2 sustainable employment jobs
Applicants must apply for Expression of Interest (EOI) under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) under entrepreneur stream
- Applicants must have no criminal record
- Applicants are responsible to provide his/her past business experience for minimum 3 years
- Applicants are required to prove a net income (before TAXES) of more than 200,000 in each of the 2 most recent
- be able to invest at least $250,000 CAD of your own funds to establish a business in NB.
- have an eligible connection to New Brunswick; and
- be between 22-55 years of age; and
- have a score of at least 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark Test in speaking, listening, reading and writing competencies in English or French; and
- have completed a minimum of two years of full-time post-secondary education after completing high school; and
- have a verifiable personal net worth** of at least CAD $600,000 of which CAD $300,000 must be liquid and unencumbered funds; and
- have at least three out of five years of experience in managing and owning a business (of at least 33.3%);
have five years out of five of experience in a senior business management role or more
- want to live permanently in New Brunswick, while owning and managing a local business
Qualifying Economic Sectors
- Aerospace and Defense
- Agriculture (Crops, Livestock and Dairy)
- Aquaculture (farming of fresh and salt water organisms such as fish, shellfish, and plants)
- Contact/Call Centres
- Food and Beverage (production, processing)
- Healthcare Services (medicine, psychology, physiotherapy, nursing, dentistry, midwifery etc.)
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Manufacturing (factories or mills)
- Value Added Wood (primary manufacturing, secondary manufacturing: Wood pellets, pallets, furniture and bio-products)
The processing time from nomination can vary between 18 to 24 months.
All investor applicants receive permanent residence status in Canada (PR)
Canadian citizenship after three years of living. Canadian passport is one of the best passports in the world