Germany is one of the powerful economies in Europe, developed country and excellent living standards for HNW investors. Germany also has best education system, world class healthcare and high quality of living standards.and epicenter for business, science and innovations.
In Germany, there is basically no state program offering golden visas for investment. It is also not possible to invest in real estate for the purpose of residency.
However, there is the option, for wealthy individuals, of obtaining a residence permit in Germany by business investment bringing economic benefits. This results from a special permission contained in § 7 AufenthG (the German Residence Act).
Germany offers the cheapest residency in Europe for self employed private entrepreneurs and investors.
§ 21 German Residence Act
The encouragement of innovation and entrepreneurship is a declared goal of the German Residence Act. Company founders, sole proprietorships, managing directors and legal representatives of partnerships and corporations are therefore particularly privileged by the provision of § 21 German Residence Act.
Before a residence permit pursuant to §21 can be applied for, the business concept must be carefully examined and needs to be adapted to the law’s requirements. These preparations are often time-consuming, but they eventually pay off.
- You will be given an immediate residency visa to live in Germany.
- Family and children can apply for German residency as well.
- Permanent residence card after 5 years of living in Germany.
- German citizenship after 6-8 years under German naturalization laws.
- German Residence permit offers free movement in Schengen area
Germany has been one of the most popular immigration destinations in the world for some time now. There are few countries as liberal as Germany when it comes to the purchase of real estate by foreigners.
Both natural persons and legal entities are permitted to acquire real estate in this country. The origin and citizenship of the person is irrelevant.
There is no minimum investment. To qualify with high chance of visa approval, we tell clients to invest atleast 50,000€ capital in a German business.
Entrepreneurs and Business Investors are admitted into Germany, if they invest in a German business venture that created atleast five jobs in Germany bringing economic benefits.
- Business capital – EUR 50,000
- Legal fee – EUR 30,000 (see breakdown below)
- Total : EUR 80,000 (approx)
Directors, managers, legal representatives of business-partnerships as well as stock corporations are entitled as long as they are not working under an employee-status.
The key to obtaining a German residence permit as an self employed person is showing that the business will have positive effects on the German economy, i.e. that there is an economic interest in and/or a regional need for the business and that financing has been secured.
Entrepreneurs must address that their business will increase the market potential as well as sales opportunities of other German enterprises and that it will create a positive impact on economy.
Foreign investors after making the business investment qualify for long term ‘D’ visa or residence permit (temporary residence) in Germany. Self-employed Entrepreneurs can obtain a residence permit through § 21 AufenthG by acquiring or starting a German company or invest into existing ones.
The duration of residence permit is usually two or three years which can can be prolonged.
Legal fee: 30,000 EUR (breakdown of costs below)
There are 6 steps to obtain a residence permit based on the business:
1.Drafting a business plan (We have several business ideas and investment opportunities for Germany)
2. Discussing the business plan with the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry
3. Application for visa according to § 21 AufenthG
4. Entry to Germany and registration with the local registration office
5. Incorporating a company (e.g. foundation of a GmbH)
6. Applying for a residence permit by submitting of all documents
|Drafting/Amending the Business plan|
|Discussing the business plan with CCI|
|Application for Visa in accordance to 21 AufenthG at the German embassy|
|Applying for residency|
|Costs: 5.000 EUR|
|Costs: 5.000 EUR||Costs: 5.000 EUR|
|Costs: 5.000,00 EUR|
|Costs: 5.000 EUR|
|Time to prepare BP: After obtaining all the required information’s – ~6 Weeks|
|2-3 Weeks||Time to prepare application: After receiving all the documents – 4 Weeks processing time.|
|Time: 4 Weeks|
|Processing Time: ~4 Weeks|
Germany does not grant visas or residence permits based on real estate investment alone. So this option is NOT available to foreign investors.
Residence permit holders may freely purchase real estate in Germany as a business investor. There are no minimum or maximum requirement to buy a real estate.
Real estate in Germany is quite expensive depending on the region and state.
Here are some insights into real estate costs and expenses.
- Notary costs for the real estate (For 300k EUR purchase price approx. 3000 EUR)
- Broker fees: 3.5% of the purchase price
- Land registry fees (For 300k EUR purchase price approx. 4000 EUR)
- Real estate acquisition tax: 6.5% of the purchase price
The purchase of real estate in Germany within our immigration program entitles you to stay in numerous EU countries. Applicants coming from non-EU countries such as China, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Iran or Russia enjoy the right to move freely within the Schengen area with its 28 European states from the moment they acquire real estate in Germany and obtain residency here.
How to Apply?
- Pick your business must have business plan and make the capital investment in a German company.
- Application for pre-approval at the local Immigration Office.
- Notary appointment and payment of the purchase price.
- Visa Application at the German embassy.
- Entry to Germany with a D-Visa and registration.
- Applying for a residence permit.
Foreign Investors can naturalize for German citizen after 6-8 years of living in Germany. No criminal record and knowledge of German language is necessary.
Germany passport is one best and powerful passports in the world with excellent reputation around the world. As of 2019, Germany has the third powerful passport in the world with visa free access to 188 countries (US, Canada, UK etc..)