The Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) in Saint Lucia provides 5 pathways to citizenship with sovereign and societal value. Saint Lucia is a nation that appeals to individuals and families as a place to live, do business, and build a life around.
Saint Lucia’s flagship citizenship investment programme offers five key routes to acquire citizenship and a second passport of this stunning island with unlimited access to wonderful Saint Lucia beaches!
- COVID-19 Bond Relief: Minimum investment US$250,000 (limited time offer)
- Government Bond Investment: Minimum investment US$500,000
- National Economic Fund Investment: Minimum investment US$100,000
- Real Estate Investment: Minimum investment US$300,000
- Enterprise Investment: Minimum investment US$3,500,000
Each citizenship investment option offers the same advantages of citizenship of Saint Lucia, with visa-free or visa on entry access to more than 146 countries worldwide.
One of the most interesting options is the Covid bond issued by the Government. The creation of this special COVID-19 Relief Bond starting at USD 250,000 is a non-interest-bearing government bond to which no processing fee is payable by the applicant. The bond must be registered and remain in the name of the applicant from the date of first issue. This bond option is available for a limited time up to December 31, 2021. The Bond option is very attractive to families.
The National Economic Fund Donation remains also the most popular economic route for single applicants and families. It is a non-recoverable investment
Saint Lucia’s CIP stands out amongst other Caribbean countries offering economic citizenship programmes. It remains very appealing to americans looking for relocation in a Caribbean island. St Lucia scored and performed very well on the Henley Passport Index, ranking 30th, with a score of 146
These question and answers were provided by official CIP unit of Government of St Lucia.
What is the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme?
The Citizenship by Investment Act No. 14 of 2015 and the Citizenship by Investment Saint Lucia Regulations No. 89 of 2015 with their respective amendments, allows an eligible person to acquire citizenship of Saint Lucia pursuant to a successful application and upon the payment of a qualifying investment and signing the Oath of Allegiance.
What are the qualifying investment options available in Saint Lucia?
Currently, the Programme offers investment via the following:
COVID-19 Bond Relief (limited time offer)
National Economic Fund
Approved Real Estate Projects
Approved Enterprise Projects
Non-Interest-Bearing Government Bonds
Who is eligible to apply to the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme?
An individual wishing to submit an application through the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme:
- must be at least 18 years of age
- satisfy a minimum qualifying investment in one of four investment options
- provide details and evidence of the proposed qualifying investment
- pass a due diligence check along with their qualifying dependents over the age of 16
- provide full and frank disclosure on all matters pertaining to the application and
- pay the requisite non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees.
Who is a principal applicant?
A person who, as head of a family, undertakes an investment for the purpose of acquiring citizenship of Saint Lucia and signs the relevant agreements and undertakings on behalf of his or her dependent.
Who is a qualifying dependent?
- a spouse of the applicant;
- a child of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is twenty-one years of age or below;
- a child of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is no more than thirty years of age and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- a child of the applicant or of his or her spouse, of any age, who is physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- a parent of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is above fifty-five years of age and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- a parent of any age who is physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- an unmarried sister or brother of the applicant who is below eighteen years of age and who has received the consent of his or her parent or guardian to make an application for citizenship by investment.
What if my child does not fall under the criteria of ‘qualifying dependent’?
In a case where your child does not fall within the criteria of ‘qualifying dependent’, he/she would need to apply as a separate ‘principal applicant’-if they are 18 years of age or older.
Can I submit my application directly to the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme?
No. An applicant MUST go through a licensed Authorised Agent who will submit the application(s) on your behalf.
Who is an Authorised Agent?
An Authorised Agent is licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Board and is authorised to act on behalf of the applicant in relation to an application.
I have been approached by a Promoter and/or Marketing Agent in my jurisdiction. Are they affiliated with CIP Saint Lucia?
To ensure that a Promoter or Marketing Agent is licensed by the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme, which is regularly updated.
- A Promoter is licensed by the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Board to market the Programme globally, thereby driving applications.
- A Marketing Agent is licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Board and has direct obligation to market the Programme by way of roadshows, conferences and other marketing efforts which may contribute to the enhancement of the Programme globally.
Now that I am interested in applying to the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme, what are the requisite fees?
National Economic Fund
Applicant applying alone – US$100,000
Applicant applying with spouse – US$140,000
Applicant applying with spouse and up to 2 qualifying dependents – US$150,000
Each additional qualifying dependent, of any age – US$25,000
Each qualifying dependent in addition to a family of four (family includes a spouse): US$15,000
Add on of Dependents
Neworn (up to 12 months) – US$500
Spouse of citizen – US$35,000
Qualifying dependent of a citizen other than a spouse – US$25,000 each
Government Bond (five-year holding bond)
Applicant applying alone- US$ 500,00
Applicant applying with spouse- US$ 535,000
Applicant applying with spouse and up to 2 other qualifying dependents- US$550,00
Each additional qualifying dependent – US$25,000
Non- refundable administration fee – US$50,000
Applicant – US$300,000
Each additional qualifying dependent of any age, is required to pay the processing and administration fee of:
Applicant applying alone – US$30,000
Applicant applying with spouse – US$45,000
Each qualifying dependent (18 years of age and over) – US$10,000
Each qualifying dependent (under 18 years of age) – US$5,000
Applicant applying with spouse and more than four qualifying dependents – US$10,000 each
Due Diligence Fees & Background Check Fees
Applicant alone – US$7,500
Each qualifying dependent over 16 years of age – US$5,000
Non-refundable Processing Fees
Applicant alone – US$2,000
Each qualifying dependent – US$1,000
Where can I find the forms to apply for citizenship in Saint Lucia?
Application forms for the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme are available here. Forms can also be obtained from your Authorised Agent.
How long does it take to process my citizenship application?
From the date of notifying your Authorised Agent that your application has been accepted for processing, it will take approximately ninety (90) days to the grant of citizenship. Should there be any extenuating circumstances that would cause a delay in the processing of your application, your Authorised Agent will be informed directly by the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme.
What language should my supporting documents be in?
All supporting documents must be submitted in the original language “ENGLISH”. Where the original language of the supporting document is NOT English, then you MUST provide the document in its original language and in the required format (original or certified true copy) in addition to the authenticated translation to the English language.
Can I follow-up on the status of my application?
No – only your Authorised Agent can check on the status of your application. The Programme will not share any information on the status of an application with anyone other than your Authorised Agent. The Programme has created a pre–processing law enforcement due diligence module which allows for law enforcement vetting to commence prior to the submission of a full citizenship application form.
Does the Programme conduct due diligence on the applicants?
The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme has a rigorous due diligence process which entails engaging law enforcement and third-party due diligence firms. Upon receipt of feedback from law enforcement and due diligence firms, a decision is made on the application.
Will the Programme conduct due diligence on my sixteen (16) year old?
Yes, due diligence is completed on applicants sixteen (16) years and older.
Now that I have received a notification of citizenship grant from the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme, what should I do next?
You are now required to make payment of qualifying investment amount and submission the oath or affirmation of allegiance.
Where can the oath or affirmation be taken and who can sign?
A successful applicant shall sign the oath of allegiance before an attorney-at-law, a Consular Officer of Saint Lucia, an Honorary Consul of Saint Lucia, or a Notary Royal or Notary Public.
How can I obtain Saint Lucian citizenship on behalf of my family?
The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Board may grant an application for citizenship to a qualifying dependent after citizenship by investment is granted to a Principal Applicant in these situations:
- He or she was already a qualifying dependent when the application was made by the citizen and the application for citizenship by investment of the qualifying dependent is made no more than five years after the application was made by the citizen.
- He or she is a child born after the application was made by the citizen.
- He or she is a spouse of the citizen and was married after the application was made by the citizen.
I have now been granted citizenship, will the Citizenship by Investment Programme issue me with a Saint Lucian passport?
No – on notification of the grant of citizenship, the Citizenship by Investment Programme will issue a Certificate of Registration. Thereafter, the Authorised Agent (or other person authorised by the new citizen) will apply to the Immigration Department for a Saint Lucian passport on their behalf.