The CIP Unit of Saint Lucia has slashed the minimum real estate investment to USD 200,000 from USD 300,000 effective from Jan 1, 2023. The amendments were done to make St.Lucia competitive with other caribbean countries. The property investment has huge appeal to many american investors visiting Saint Lucia. There are two hotel projects approved for CIP. It is important to note that residential properties do not qualify. The citizenship of Saint Lucia, with visa-free or visa-on-entry access to more than 146 countries worldwide.
The St.Lucia Citizenship Investment Programme is an option for investors wishing to make an investment into an approved real estate projects under the following categories:
high-end branded hotels and resorts
high-end boutique properties
Another possibility is non-nationals can hold, lease, acquire or purchase land in Saint Lucia with an Alien Landholding License.
The investor will own title deed or share to the property.
The two approved CIP hotel developments are
An individual wishing to submit an application through the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme:
- must be at least 18 years of age
- satisfy a minimum qualifying investment in any one of four investment options
- provide details and evidence of the proposed qualifying investment
- pass a due diligence check along with their qualifying dependents over the age of 16
- provide full and frank disclosure on all matters pertaining to the application and
- pay the requisite non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees.
- One-time minimum Investment payable upon the grant of citizenship: US $200,000 (share) or US$ 300,000 (title deed)
- Applicant applying alone: US$ 30,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: US$ 45,000
- Each qualifying dependent (18 years of age and over) : US$ 10, 000
- Each qualifying dependent (under 18 years of age): US$ 5,000
- Applicant applying with spouse & more than four dependents: US$ 10,000
*The administrative fees payable upon the grant of citizenship are non-refundable.