Cyprus is a warm mediterranean country and the country received its EU membership since 1 May 2004 and euro area member since 1 January 2008. It is important to remember that Cyprus is currently in the process of joining the Schengen area. You also have to remember that Cyprus is the only european country besides Malta, that is part of Commonwealth due to being a former British colony. Therefore all Cypriot nationals are also Commonwealth citizens.
There are 4 ways for foreigners to acquire citizenship in Cyprus
- Birth – Cypriot origins (20 euros)
- Marriage – After 3 years of legally marrying (50 euros)
- Naturalization – After 7 years of legal residence (500 euro)
- Investments – In 6 months, if you invest €2 million in real estate or business (5000 euro)
Application for determination of citizenship must be submitted to Civil registry and migration department
Cyprus permits dual citizenship to all foreign nationals who become cypriot nationals.
It is important to remember Cyprus requires military service in the Cypriot National Guard . It is mandatory for all male citizens of the Republic of Cyprus, as well as any male non-citizens born of a parent of Greek Cypriot descent, lasting from the January 1 of the year in which they turn 18 years of age to December 31, of the year in which they turn 50.
Investment citizens are exempted from military service.
Cyprus remains one of the Covid-19 free countries in the world and has managed to fend off the coronavirus pandemic, keeping it under control. In recent years, Cyprus has emerged a new destination for millionaires from all around the world.
Becoming a Cypriot nationals comes with many advantages.
- EU citizen full rights
- Live, work, study in any member states
- Freedom of movement within schengen
- Powerful passport with visa free access to 170+ destinations
- Low tax regime with low corporate taxes.
- Cyprus being safest countries in the world offers high quality living.
- Attractive flourishing real estate market.
- Warm climate and english official language.