The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (ABCIP) was established following parliamentary assent to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Regulations 2014.
The Regulations regarding Citizenship by Investment in Antigua and Barbuda are contained in Section 6 of the Citizenship by Investment Act, 2014. These provisions allow the government to operate a program under which citizenship is granted to persons who qualify under criteria set by parliamentary decision.
The CIP regulations define a set of ineligible applicants who cannot apply for citizenship and passport based on investment
- Applicant who do not have enough funds to meet the investment conditions or not maintained the investment. for the required period.
- Applicant has provided false information on his or her application
- Medical practitioner states that any of the family members is suffering from a contagious disease and/or serious health problems
- Not having received a free pardon, has at any time previously been convicted in any country of an offence for which the maximum custodial penalty is in excess of six months imprisonment
- Subject of a criminal investigation
- Potential national security risk to Antigua and Barbuda or to any other country
- Involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Antigua and Barbuda
- Denied a visa to a country with which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free travel and who has not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial. (eg. UK, Schengen)
- Nationals from blacklisted countries such as Iran, North Korea, Somalia, Yemen, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Sudan are not eligible to apply for CIP. Exceptions are individuals born in these restricted countries but who migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country.
- If the citizen does not spend at least 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda during the period of five calendar years after having obtained citizenship and they will not be entitled to repayment of any investment, contribution or purchase price made by them in their original application for citizenship.
- Registration as a citizen was obtained by false representation or fraud or wilful concealment of material facts or the person has been convicted in Antigua and Barbuda of an act of treason or sedition.
- Wanted person by international law enforcement agencies