Montenegro Special citizenship by investment launched in 2018, is now ready for accepting applications. Interested candidates must apply through authorized agents.
This scheme has a limited quota of 2000 applications and will permanently close on Dec 31, 2021
Montenegro is the cheapest CBI scheme in Europe.
Here are some quick comparison with other citizenship investment schemes in Europe.
|CBI||Investment||EU citizen||Visa free to UK/Ireland||Visa free to Canada||Visa free to United States|
|Malta||EUR 900,000||yes||yes||Yes (ETA)||Yes (ETA)|
|Cyprus||EUR 2,150,000||yes||yes||yes (ETA)||no|
|Bulgaria||EUR 1,000,000||yes||yes||yes (ETA)||no|
|Moldova||EUR 100,000 (suspended)||no||no||no||no|
Why apply for Montenegro?
Here are some of the benefits of Montenegro citizen by investment scheme.
- Montenegro is a beautiful country visited by 2 million tourists every year
- Future candidate country for EU membership and Schengen area by 2025.
- Montenegro has the lowest property prices among all countries in Europe.
- Fast track citizenship by investment scheme,
- Citizenship / Passport in 2 months, comes with permanent residence card
- No residence conditions. No military service. No language conditions.
- E-1/E-2 treaty with the United States
- Montenegro not listed in OECD list of CBI/RBI schemes
- Montenegro banks does not share tax information under CRS
- Biometric passport issued to investors valid for 10 years.
- Lifetime citizenship with right to vote.
- Moderate climate with mild winters.
Citizenship investors are required to visit Montenegro once for fingerprinting and signing of documents to complete the process.
Montenegro passport currently has visa free access to the following important countries. As of 2 July 2019, Montenegrin citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 122 countries and territories, ranking the Montenegrin passport 47th in terms of travel freedom,
These countries include
- EU schengen states
- United Arab Emirates
- South Korea
Read more about the scheme here