Cyprus has one of the attractive golden visa schemes in Europe through real estate investment. It is one of the cheapest route to acquire Cypriot citizenship and passport after 7 years of living.
The Cyprus PR program offers non-EU nationals guaranteed immediate permanent residency within 2 months with a single, secure, real estate investment of €300,000.
- EU member state with euro as currency
- Modern banking & legal system
- English is official language along with Greek
- Excellent healthcare with good education systems
- Access to single EU market
- Low corporate tax of 12.5%
- Stable political & business environment
The Criteria related to the expedited process of issuing an Immigration Permit to applicants who are third country nationals and invest in Cyprus – 3rd Revision of Criteria on March 24, 2021
- €300,000 in Residential properties plus VAT
- €300,000 in commercial properties Hotels, shops, offices
- €300,000 in Share capital of a company with activities in Cyprus.
- €300,000 in Collective investments (AIF, AIFLNP, RAIF)
Real Estate: €300,000 investment in new residential real estate (single or two properties)
Investor, their spouse dependent children up to age 25 and the parents of the applicant can apply for PR status.
The applicant must submit the application form accompanied with a contract of sale and proof of payment of at least €200,000 (excluding vat).
Legal entities or companies can also buy the property can also be put on a company name provided that the company is registered in the name of the applicant and/or the applicant and spouse, and that he/they are the sole shareholders with full ownership.
The applicant may purchase up to 2 residential properties (apartments/houses), or one residential unit and one shop (with a maximum area of 100sqm), or one housing unit and one office (with a maximum area of 250sqm), provided that the combined value exceeds €300,000.
The holders of the Permanent residence permit cannot work in Cyprus.
Permanent Residence Conditions
The permanent residence permit (F visa) is issued with unlimited length but renewed once every two years.
- Purchase of a new immovable properties with a value of €300,000 or more (excluding vat)
- Fixed deposit in a bank account showing a €30,000 minimum deposit in a Cypriot bank account of the applicant, which will be locked for a period of 3 years.
- Applicant must prove minimum annual income per applicant is €30,000 and an additional €5,000 per dependent, and €8,000 per dependent parent/parent in-law.
You must visit Cyprus for one day every two years. There is no requirement to live permanently in cyprus
Citizenship possible after 7 years of uninterrupted living in Cyprus
Cyprus currently does not participate in schengen area. The visa free travel to Schengen area will be possible if Cyprus joins schengen in the future.