The following documents and forms are required to apply for golden visa program in Greece to apply for permanent residence permit under investor category (Law 4146/2013)
Permanent Residence Permit (5 years)
An application is submitted at the Municipality or the Directorate of Immigration of the Decentralized Administration
of his/her domicile in Greece.
- Application Form
- Four (4) recent printed digital passport photos, also stored in digital form (CD) jpeg2000, with certain specifications applied.
- Certified copy of a valid passport or other travel document recognised by Greece with the valid national visa.
- A fee of €16 concerning the printing of the separate document (electronic residence permit).
- A fee in the form of an electronic fee in accordance with provisions of Article 132 of Law 4251/2014 and of Article 38 of Law 4546/2018 (101 A), where appropriate.
- An insurance contract from a private insurance body, as provided by the legislation in force, which shall cover all health and safety risks and the size of the benefits financed, as defined in the decision issued by delegation of the provisions of Article 136 par. 3 of Law 4251/2014.
- A certificate issued by the notary who composed the purchace contract or the notarial deed for the lease of hotel accommodation facilities or furnished houses for tourists in complex tourist accommodation facilities which certifies the personal data of parts contracted, the information concerning the property, the type of payment of the agreed price or hire and the specific information concerning the transaction of the payment, according to the provisions of article 20 B, the existence, by chance, of dissolving heresy, as well as if the particular property has been used by the seller for the issuance of the permanent residence permit or
- A certificate issued by the notary (in case the sum paid during the property purchase was lower than two hundred and fifty Euro (250.000) but the current objective value of the property exceeds or is equal to the amount concerned and which should state that, ” “According to the result of the check conducted on contract no ……… for the purchase of property, the income of the property value was paid in full and the contract is NO longer subject to terms, conditions and time limits and the objective value of the property amounts to …”.
- A certificate of encumbrance issued by the land registry or national cadastre agency attesting to the non-existence of any encumbrance
- A copy of the notarial deed for the lease of hotel accommodation facilities or furnished houses for tourists in complex tourist accommodation facilities acknowledging the full payment of 250.000 Euro and where there is reference to the granting of an operating license issued by the National Tourist Organisation (EOT) and
- Proof of transfer registration issued by the competent land registry where the relevant lease has been transferred or
- Purchase agreement of a land parcel or land site and relevant contract concerning house building/restoration lodged out in the competent Tax Office in accordance with the Law and
- Planning permission in the name of the person concerned
- Invoices issued by the contractor/s and the relevant receipts or
- Timeshare contract for a minimum period of five years which should clearly state the corresponding income per year and
- Proof of transfer registration issued by the competent Land Registry and
- A certificate issued by the National Tourism Organisation (NTO) that it has been informed of the particular timeshare
D Visa Application
Supporting documents for issuing a type D national visa at Greek consulates abroad
1. Long stay visa Application and photo
2. Valid passport or other travel document that is recognized by Greece
3. A copy of the applicant’s criminal record issued by the foreign Authorities, certifying the applicant’s criminal status.
In cases where there is a final court decision, regardless of the extent of the penalty carried, and in order to ascertain the relevance of the offense with possible grounds that pose a risk to public order and security, specific parameters shall be taken into account such as the severity of the offense, relapse and a generally unlawful conduct of the third-country national
4. Medical certificate proving that the applicant has no contiguous disease, which may endanger public health
5. Travel insurance
In addition, depending on the specific case, the following supporting documents are required:
6. Copy of the notarial act proving the property acquisition. The value representsed must be at least 250.000€
7. Notarial certificate that the act fulfills the requirements of article 36A of Law 3386/2005
8. Proof of registration to the competent land registry. In case the property acquisition has not been completed, the following supporting documents are also required:
9. Proof that the applicant has assets whose value exceeds 250.000€ (i.e. certificate by a recognised first class bank or official financial organisation or other recognised securities depository, attesting the existence of bank accounts or other securities, especially bonds or shares).
10. Copy of brokerage assignment to a law firm or real estate agency.
Note: Applicants can apply for C or D visa depending on length of visa to invest in Greek properties (C for < 90 days, D > 90 days). D visa does not allow you to travel to another schengen country.