Please prepare the following application forms and attach the required documents to process your CIP application. Your licensed agent will be able to guide you on the process. The CIP Unit does not directly accept applications from investors. You must appoint an licensed agent to submit the application. Best Citizenships will assign you a CIP licensed agent free of charge.
Licensed agents are appointed due to their ability to market, promote and disseminate information on the Citizenship by Investment Programme. Due to their extensive global reach, professionalism and ability to pre-screen applicants prior to submission we would recommend that you approach a representative in the first instance. They will provide you with their expert guidance, explain the application process in detail, and assist you in preparing your application and associated documentation. All applicants are required to engage with a licensed agent based in Antigua and Barbuda who will review your application and arrange to submit in person along with the required payments due. The agent will act as your point of contact with the CIU and they will be advised of the decision outcome of all applications.
On Signing (Transfer 1)
50% Professional Agent Fees
On Submission (Transfer 2)
10% Government Processing Fees
|On Approval (Transfer 3)||
Approval in Principle – After the Government has performed its due diligence / background checks on the applicants and there are no issues or concerns identified, then the Government issues a letter of “Approval in Principle” which effectively means citizenship has been approved subject to the applicant’s submission of all required documentation and confirmation of either the real estate investment or contribution to the UWI/NDF. The applicable real estate investment or NDF contribution is payable after the applicant has been approved in principle.
Original updated application forms available with licensed agents
- Citizenship by Investment Application Form AB1 – Sample
- Photograph and Signature Certificate Form AB2 – Sample
- Medical Certificate Form AB3 – Sample
- Investment Confirmation Form AB4 – Sample
- Agent Form Form AB5 – Sample
- Antigua & Barbuda Passport L Form (16 and older)
- Antigua & Barbuda Passport M Form (Under 16)
- Real Estate Developer Application Form AB8 – Sample
- Business Investment Application Form AB9 – Sample
Documents Required (Full List)
1. Photograph & Signature Certificate (Form AB2)
2. Medical Certificate (Form AB3) including original results of HIV test (HIV test is required for all persons applying for citizenship including children 12 years and under). Note that the HIV test results must not be older than 3 months.
3. Certified coloured copy of your current passport(s) showing name, photo, citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number, issuing country and signature [apostilled for countries that are participants of the Apostille Convent (Hague Treaty Convention 12)].
4. Certified coloured copy of your current machine readable national identity card(s) [See 3 above]
5. 4 original passport-size color photos of yourself taken within the past 6 months. The photos must be A full front close up view of the head and shoulders with the head covering 70% to 80% of the photograph, ears showing and hairline visible above the forehead Without sunglasses. Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as eyes are still visible Show you looking straight at the camera, your eyes open, no hair in your eyes and without any head covering Taken against a plain white background without shadows Be taken with a neutral expression (not laughing or frowning) with your mouth closed A true image and not altered in any way, with a plain, light colored background, clear, sharp and in focus Approximately 35 x 45 mm in size, of good quality color and on high quality paper The photos must be the same in all aspects, and one of the photos must be certified. One of the eight photographs must be attached to form AB2 and one to form AB3. Sworn affidavit in support of persons wearing hijabs.
6. Original excerpt of full birth record or certified copy of full birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details.) For passport issuance, the birth certificate MUST be submitted.
7. All applicants aged 18 and older must provide an original police certificate from any country where they have lived for more than six (6) months over the past 10 years, and all countries of citizenship. The only exception is if the applicants can provide satisfactory evidence that they have not resided in a country of citizenship. Police certificates must be less than three (3) months old at the time you lodge your application. If a police certificate is not available, a separate statutory declaration must be provided, detailing the attempts made to obtain a police certificate. It should also state whether the applicant (and any accompanying family members) have been found guilty, convicted of, or charged with offences against the law in that country). The statutory declaration should be supported by other information attesting to your character.
8. Certified copy of military records(s) (if applicable)
9. Certified copy of proof of name change (if applicable, i.e. deed poll, adoption papers etc.)
10. Any documents requested as evidence, explanation or otherwise in support of any of the answers given or statements made in this form The following forms and documents are required only from the main applicant:
11. Investment Confirmation Form (Form AB4)
12. In case of the real-estate option: copy of duly executed real-estate contract (Purchase and Sales Agreement; Inland Revenue stamped transfer documents), copy of duly executed escrow agreement. If closing on the property has already taken place, evidence of title transfer (either deed or certificate of title) and confirmation of all funds having been deposited in escrow account
13. Agent Form (Form AB5)
14. Original bank reference letter, with balance included, or 2 years bank statement issued by an internationally recognized bank not older than three (3) months. (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, until further notice, online bank statements for a period of not less than 6 months will be accepted)
15. Original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, Notary Public, chartered accountant, or other professional of similar standing), not older than 6 months.
16. Proof of employment and or corporate documents: From Company: Interest in the company on company letterhead indicating position If shareholder; percentage ownership Incorporation documents Most recent audited financial statements From Individual: Introductory letter from remitter stating relationship to the applicant Passport bio page Proof of source of funds/wealth (eg. Employment letter/contract and/or last 3 months pay slips)
17. 2 original document(s) of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or lease/tenancy agreement or certificate of title reflecting applicant’s name and current address) not older than 3 months.
18. Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) (if applying jointly with partner) Certified copy of divorce document(s) (if applicable) A sworn affidavit of support for each dependent (excluding spouse) over 18 years of age Proof of address for dependents aged 18-28 years not living with parents (attending university)