The Government of Antigua & Barbuda established a Board to be known as the Citizenship by Investment Board, according to the Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) Act No.10 of 2018
The CIP Board which shall be a policy and oversight advisory body to the Minister. The Board shall consist of fit and proper persons one whom shall be the Chairman, the Deputy Chairman and three other members . The Board shall meet at least twelve times in any one year.
The Board will operate as a policy and oversight advisory body to the Minister and advise the Minister on matters of general policy as to citizenship by investment, and in particular, advise the Minister on—
- conditions under which persons should qualify for citizenship by investment;
- programmes for marketing and promotion of the citizenship by investment programme;
- the licensing of agents and promoters of the citizenship by investment programme;
- the establishment of investment options to make the programme competitive.
The Minister shall establish a Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), under the Act 2013, that shall be responsible for processing all applications for Agents’ Licences, and all applications for Citizenship by Investment.
The Unit shall be responsible for –
- administering the Citizenship by Investment Programme generally in an efficient manner;
- marketing and promoting the Citizenship by Investment Programme to ensure its international visibility;
- making recommendations to the Minister on the development of the Citizenship by Investment Programme to ensure its competitiveness;
- the collection of information relating to the performance and competitiveness of the Programme;
- generally advising the Minister on the Citizenship by Investment Programme and in particular advising the Minister on –
- the conditions under which persons should qualify for citizenship under the Citizenship by Investment Programme;
- measures for marketing and promoting the programme as a premiere Citizenship by Investment Programme;
- the appropriate fees and other charges relating to the Citizenship by Investment Programme;
- the licensing of agents and promoters of the Programme;
- developing and maintaining a programme of continuing education for Licensed Agents.
The CIU also maintains an official website.