The New regulations for the Portuguese Golden Visa, under the program “Mais Habitação”, shall be voted again on the 21st of September 2023! After that the voted promulgation will be sent to President for approval which will take another 2 weeks. It is possible the president of the republic could veto the bill (like last time) and send it back. If approved, the final law ending GV investments for properties will be published in national gazette .
We anticipate is that we will still be able to submit reduced 280,000 euro investments at least until the end of first week of October. As such the Golden visa program will not end, but the investments will increase to no less than 500,000.
The following 6 investment options will be continue with the golden visa program without the possibility to invest in real estate, after october, if law is approved.
- Job creation – The creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
- Scientific research – 500,000 Euros for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technology system;
- Investment funds – 500,000 Euros, or higher, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies, capital injected under the Portuguese legislation, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments is realized in commercial companies with head office in national territory
- Artistic support – 250,000 Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage, through the local and central authorities, public institutions, public corporate sector, public foundations, private foundations of public interest, networked local authorities, local corporate sector organizations, local associations and public cultural associations, pursuing activities of artistic output, and reconstruction or maintenance of the national heritage
- Companies – 500,000 Euros, or higher, for constitution of a commercial company with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent working jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a commercial society with head office in national territory, already existing, with the creation or keeping of working jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years;
It is important to note that In low-density territories, the minimum investment amount for options may be reduced by 20%. All Investments will be monitored and evaluated every two years.
Therefore we urge investors interested in golden visa, not to wait and seize the last opportunity to become resident of Portugal.