Golden visa programs in Europe grant residence permits to family members under family unification along with the main investor. The laws and eligibility vary from one golden visa program to another depending on the age. For example EU golden visa programs are quite open to accept parents, grandparents, same sex couple as family members.As you an see below, Portugal is more open to accept siblings where as Malta permits grandparents , regardless of any age.
We compare below the difference with each GV program with addition of family members in the golden visa which can be found below..
- Spouse or unmarried couple. Civil partnerships and same-sex marriages are recognized in Portugal,
- Children under 16 years of age or over 16 years (enrolled in educational institution). Step children or adopted accepted
- Parents under 65 years or above (spouse also accepted)
- Sibling under 18 years (unmarried and studying)
The following categories of family members shall qualify for Golden visa permit.
- Spouse the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement in Greece.
- The direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21.
- the direct unmarried descendants of the supporter or of the other spouse/partner, provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under 21 years of age.
- the direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line.
The Family members are:
- The spouse or unmarried couple.
- Children who are minors or those of legal age being financially dependent on the holder.
- Parents in their charge
- Spouse (same sex accepted)
- Children under 18
- Children over 18 who are not married and are principally dependant the Main Applicant
- Children with special needs
- Parents of the Main Applicant and/or spouse who is principally dependant on the Main Applicant (no age limit)
- Grandparents of the Main Applicant and/or spouse who is principally dependant on the Main Applicant (no age limit)
- Minor children under 18 years of age.
Please contact us for more information.