The Government of Canada has announced Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) eligibility for three caribbean visa-required countries based on certain conditions to travel to Canada only by AIR relaxing the visa requirements.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
To apply for ETA, you must hold the passport from any one of the above countries and also meet the following conditions.
- If you held Canadian visitor visa in the past 10 years or currently hold a valid United States nonimmigrant visa
- Going to Canada for a short visit, business or tourist activity (normally for stays of up to 6 months)
- Flying to or transiting through a Canadian airport using a valid passport from one of the eligible visa-required countries
Nationals of the above caribbean countries do not require eTA, if you already have valid Canadian visitor visa. ETA is invalid, for travellers with a passport from one of the eligible countries, they still need a valid visitor visa if
- driving to Canada from the U.S. by car or
- arriving by bus, train or boat, including a cruise ship (even if they are not leaving the ship)
ETA not required
- Citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Valid Canadian visa holders