Applications for citizenship of St.Kitts and Nevis under several stages of processing. Please see the requirements and time frame as per the CIU guidelines.
1.Document Collection (Approx. 4 weeks)
The Authorised Person conducts initial applicant vetting and collects Know-Your-Client documents,
• Passports of the main applicant,the spouse, and all other dependants if applicable
• Proof of address The Authorised Person provides the main applicant with an application pack containing application forms and a list of necessary supporting documentation
2.Submission and approval (Approx. 12 weeks)
1.After compiling the application forms and obtaining necessary supporting documentation, the main applicant pays the Due Diligence Fees and Processing Fees and the Authorised Person submits the application to the CIU.
2. The CIU examines the application. In the case of missing documents or irregularities, the CIU requests the correct documents or additional evidence.
3. The CIU shall also mandate due diligence to be performed by another or several independent professional firms and consult with regional and
international law enforcement agencies.
4. The CIU issues a letter detailing whether the application was successful, delayed for further processing, or rejected.
3.CBI Investment (Approx 2 weeks)
The main applicant makes either:
• A contribution to the SGF
• A purchase of pre-approved real estate
• A purchase of a private home
• An alternative investment in an approved infrastructural project or other approved development project
The main applicant transfers the contribution directly to the Government or, in the case of real estate or other investments, into an escrow account. Government Fees are due for all pre-approved real estate investments, the private home option and the alternative investment option
4. Naturalisation (Approx 2-3 weeks)
The CIU issues a Certificate of Registration confirming that the applicant has received citizenship of St Kitts and Nevis. The CBI process ends at this point. After receiving a Certificate of Registration, the applicant can choose to apply for a St Kitts and Nevis passport if they so wish
AAP Accelerated Application (60 days)
Saint Kitts and Nevis is the only country to offer AAP is guaranteed fast-track route to citizenship, known as the accelerated CBI application process. Under the accelerated CBI application, a successful applicant can receive citizenship in as little as 60 days from the date of the Citizenship by Investment Unit’s acknowledgement of the application. Under the Limited Time Offer for the Sustainable Growth Fund Option, the accelerated CBI application process is being offered at no extra cost.
Application Pack (1 week)
(Available from Authorized agents only)
C1 Application for Registration as a Citizen of St Kitts and Nevis
This form must be completed personally by each applicant, except in the case of children who are unable to
write. The form asks for detailed background information about each applicant. Applicants aged 16 or over
must sign their own form. Both parents must sign the form for children aged under 16. Where one parent
has sole custody of the child, that parent should sign the form on the child’s behalf and submit evidence to
C2 Photograph and Signature Certificate
This form must be completed by all applicants, in front of a Notary Public, attorney-at-law, or 2 senior officers
of an internationally recognised bank. The certifying authority must verify that the photo is a true likeness
of the applicant and that the signature is the true signature of the applicant. A photograph of the applicant
must be attached to the form.
C3 Medical Certificate
This form must be completed for all applicants by a registered medical practitioner. The form asks general
medical questions to confirm that the applicant does not suffer from any serious or communicable diseases.
For applicants over the age of 12, original results of a HIV test must be enclosed.
C4 Investment Confirmation
This form is to be completed by the main applicant only, where they have opted for the SGF option. The form
asks the main applicant to state the total contribution amount and acts as a declaration that he or she will
contribute the stated amount upon approval. The form also asks the main applicant to state the details of any
dependants included in the application.
Passport Application Form
This form must be completed for all applicants. Applicants aged 16 or over must sign in the signature box
provided. One parent or guardian must sign the form for children aged under 16. A Notary Public or attorney-
at-law who has known the applicant for at least five years must sign and stamp section 9 of the form.
St Kitts and Nevis Bank Form section
Necessary to identify the owner of the account used to make the required investment, establish on whose
behalf transactions are performed, and to determine if the applicant is a Foreign PEP.
Certification (2 months)
The compilation of original documents for principal applicant and family members and certifying them to be accepted in foreign country consumes most of the time. Please prepare these documents well in advance.
- For countries part of Hague apostille convention (eg. India. South Africa, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States, European Union), get Apostille on all Government issued documents to apply for Citizenship programs to be accepted in a foreign country. US citizens can get either apostilled or notarized (if provide with expiry date)
- For those from countries not part of Hague apostille (eg. Nigeria, Canada), documents must be certified from notary public with expiry date.
- For those from countries where no notary or apostille possible, a certification from lawyer will be accepted
Examples of documents are: Birth Certificate, Marriage/Divorce certificate, Police certificate, Diplomas
In addition, the following credentials are required
– Lawyers credential – this is the lawyer who is certifying all the documents as true copies
– Medical examiners credentials – this is for the medical examiner who is doing the form c3
– Translators credentials – if there are any translations to be done, then these must be provided
Important documents are
- HIV test results (test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application; children under the age of 12 are exempt);
- Police certificate “Certificate of No Criminal Record” or “Police Clearance Certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where the applicant has lived for more than one year over the past 10 years (children under the age of 16 are exempt) and;
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St. Kitts and Nevis;
- Original BC (original Birth Certificate when applying for the Passport stage only.)
Wire Payments can be made in USD from applicants name or company owned by applicant (only if declared in C1 form and supporting documents attest that due diligence checks were satisfied.). Applicant’s name and unique reference number from approval in principle letter issued by CIU must appear in the payment instruction. Please instruct your bank to cover all transfer charges.
Please contact us for more information.