The Citizenship by Investment Program of St.Kitts and Nevis admits only highly qualified applicants and applicants to apply for CBI program. The Regulations governing who can apply, are clearly specified in the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Act 1984. Each application is carefully scrutinized by the CIU Unit on case by basis and being subjected to several layers of security and background checks before a decision is taken on the application within 60 to 90 days.All applicants are required to appoint an authorized agent to submit their file to the CIU. Before the application is submitted, a full disclosure is requested of their background to the agents to save time and money.
Any person who —
(a) is at least eighteen years (18 ) of age;
(b) has made an CBI investment pursuant to these Regulations; and
(c) meets the CBI application requirements,
may apply as a main applicant to become a citizen of Saint Christopher and Nevis pursuant to section 3(5) of the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Act, Cap. 1.05.
- A person who has been denied a visa to a country to which citizens of Saint Christopher and Nevis have visa-free travel; and not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial. A US/Canada visa refusal may not be a condition for inadmissibility.
- Persons with criminal record or wanted persons by Interpol. Convicted persons found guilty of money laundering, fraud, terrorism, terrorist financing, pedophile, drugs, prostitution, war crime and genocide.
- Included in OFAC, UN an EU sanction lists.
- Nationals of following countries: Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Belarus.
shall not be eligible to apply for Citizenship by Investment in Saint Christopher and Nevis. PEPs (political persons) are subjected to enhanced due diligence investigations by the government.
Strict Rules apply for family members to be included in the application. All applicants who is aged sixteen years or over shall undergo due diligence background checks (pay DD fee) before any decision is made in relation to his or her application.
1. A brother or sister (sibling) of the main applicant or his or her spouse, who is—
(iii) twenty-five years of age or younger; and
(iv) is dependent on the main applicant or his or her spouse for financial support.
2. The child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen and thirty years who is in full time attendance at a recognized institution of higher learning after his/her eighteen birthday and/or fully supported by the main applicant No age limit for mentally or physically handicapped children. Any biological or legally adopted child (unmarried) can also be included in an application for citizenship
3. Parents or grandparents below 55 years of age cannot be included in family application.
4. Spouse automatically eligible. Same sex marriage not accepted
The applicant may be deprived of Citizenship of Saint Christopher and Nevis pursuant to Section 8(a) of the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Act, Cap. 1.05 titled “Deprivation of citizenship obtained by registration”
Your CBI Application can be refused if you fall in any of the following categories.
- Failure to disclose, concealing information in the application
- Application already refused by another OECS country operating a CBI program.
- Considered national security risk to St.Kitts and Nevis (SKN)
- Applicants or family member have been expelled or deported from any country
- Persons subsequently found to have provided false or incorrect information
- subject of a criminal investigation
- Sentenced to jail
- Subject of fraud investigation or court proceedings;
- Director of company subject of bankruptcy or insolvency
Please contact us for more information.