We get a number of questions about the application process, costs and documents required for Citizenship by Investment Program of St.Kitts and Nevis. To understand the documentation and application process easier, we have broken down the St. Kitts and Nevis CIP Application into the headings below.
1. Application Process :-
This requires applicant(s) to fill out the various forms and provide the necessary documents to the CIP unit who then make the decision on the application.
See the below link to REQUIREMENTS which is the CIP issued checklist for forms and documents for anyone applying which you will have seen.
In addition to the REQUIREMENTS we will need:-
- Lawyers credential – this is the lawyer who is certifying all the documents as true copies
- Medical examiners credentials – this is for the medical examiner who is doing the form c3
- Translators credentials – if there are any translations to be done, then these must be provided
Once the documents and forms are ready we will submit them to the CIP unit. They then take 3-5 days to review the forms and deem the file complaint or request missing documents. If it is compliant then you will receive a decision on your application within 90 days of the date the file is deemed compliant.
Once approved after / before 90 days you are then hopefully given a letter of approval which requires the payment of the investment sum fee within 60 days. Once the investment amount is paid the applicant(s) then receive their citizenship Certificate and then they get the passport about two weeks later.
Applicants for the Sustainable Growth Fund are eligible for the Accelerated Application Process (AAP) which completes applications within 60 days for an additional fee
Please note we need original Birth Certificate when we come to applying for the Passport only.
2. Time frame:-
Standard time frame is Three (3) months from the date your file is deemed compliant until the passport is in hand. This can be made quicker if we submit the below for the Pre-Due Diligence Processing phase as soon as possible for the applicants so due diligence process can begin:-
- i) Certified copy of Birth certificate
- ii) Certified copy of all passport pages
iii) Pay the CIP fees (see below) to the CIP unit – please note once paid these are non-refundable
- iv) Provide a Police (If in USA you need FBI report, not local police report) for anyone 16 and over
- v) Provide a CV / Resume for anyone 18 and over
Once this is submitted then the Due diligence will start on the applicant and it is entirely possible you can have a decision a lot quicker while you gather your documents to submit the full file.
3. Costs:- (all sums USD)
Donation Application Option:- Single Applicant
- Donation cost. – $ 250,000.00 (Limited time discount)
- CIP. Fees – $ 10,000.00 (DD + process fee)
- Agent Fees. – TBD
- Additional fee – Application Fee ($250), Passport ($500), Bank Charges ($1000), Courier ($500)
- Investment – $400,000 (share) or $800,000 (private home)
- Processing fee – $25,000
- DD fee – $10,000
- Passport, Bank charges – $1500
Note: Best Citizenships as online platform does not charge any fee to clients. We will assign you an licensed agent in St.Kitts who will charge agent fee.
The Timeframe for payments are :-
- To submit the file – CIP fees, application fee and 50% of Agent fees have to be paid
- Once you are approved you will then pay – donation/investment amount, and the remaining fees
4. Documents Required
CBI Applications can be obtained from Authorised Persons for USD 250 per form.
- Application for registration as a Citizen (Form C1);
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form C2) and;
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) including original results of HIV Test (a HIV test is required for all persons applying for citizenship including children over 12 years and test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application).
Sustainable Growth Fund option:
- Investment Confirmation/Escrow Agreement (Form C4)
Important: Forms C1, C2, C3 and C4 will be supplied by your local authorised person (only original application forms are accepted).
Required Documents (Full List)
All applicants are required to provide the following:
- Completed C1 application form;
- Completed C2 application form;
- Completed C3 application form;
- Original excerpt of full birth record or certified copy of birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details, or a household register, family book etc.);
- Certified copy of proof of name change (deed polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable);
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted);
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number and issuing country;
- HIV test results (test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application; children under the age of 12 are exempt);
- Police certificate “Certificate of No Criminal Record” or “Police Clearance Certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where the applicant has lived for more than one year over the past 10 years (children under the age of 16 are exempt) and;
- Six photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form).
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- C4 application form (SGF Option);
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (if applying for the Approved Real Estate Option);
- At least one original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, charted accountant or other professional of similar standing) which is no older than six months;
- Bank statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application;
- At least one original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognised bank, which is no older than six months;
- Certified copy of military records or exemption from military service (if applicable);
- One original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public);
- Employment letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned;
- Certified copy of business license or incorporation documents;
- One original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together);
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable);
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St. Kitts and Nevis;
- Affidavit of financial support for applicants between the ages of 18-30;
- Certified copy of university degrees (if applicable) and;
- Limited Power of Attorney.
C1 Application for Registration as a Citizen of St Kitts and Nevis – This form must be completed personally by each applicant, except in the case of children who are unable to write. The form asks for detailed background information about each applicant. Applicants aged 16 or over must sign their own form. Both parents must sign the form for children aged under 16. Where one parent has sole custody of the child, that parent should sign the form on the child’s behalf and submit evidence to that effect.
C2 Photograph and Signature Certificate – This form must be completed by all applicants, in front of a Notary Public, attorney-at-law, or 2 senior officers of an internationally recognised bank. The certifying authority must verify that the photo is a true likeness of the applicant and that the signature is the true signature of the applicant. A photograph of the applicant must be attached to the form.
C3 Medical Certificate – This form must be completed for all applicants by a registered medical practitioner. The form asks general medical questions to confirm that the applicant does not suffer from any serious or communicable diseases. For applicants over the age of 12, original results of a HIV test must be enclosed.
C4 Investment Confirmation – This form is to be completed by the main applicant only, where they have opted for the SGF option. The form asks the main applicant to state the total contribution amount and acts as a declaration that he or she will contribute the stated amount upon approval. The form also asks the main applicant to state the details of any dependants included in the application.
Passport Application Form – This form must be completed for all applicants. Applicants aged 16 or over must sign in the signature box provided. One parent or guardian must sign the form for children aged under 16. A Notary Public or attorneyat-law who has known the applicant for at least five years must sign and stamp section 9 of the form.
St Kitts and Nevis Bank Form section – Necessary to identify the owner of the account used to make the required investment, establish on whose behalf transactions are performed, and to determine if the applicant is a Foreign PEP.