We provide you quick summary of latest updates with golden visa and citizenship by investment programs. Take a look below..
Here are the some quick summary of the latest news in 2023
- Montenegro CBI program is closed effective from Jan 1, 2023
- St.Kitts & Nevis introduced key changes to CBI. A limited time offer with discount introduced for USD 125,000 from Jan 1, 2023 until Jun 30, 2023
- Greece increased minimum golden visa investment to EUR 500,000 from 2024.
- Saint Lucia launched new national bond investment replacing covid relief bonds for USD 300,000. Real estate investment also cut to USD 200,000
- Portugal golden visa program will continue without disruptions as the proposal of ending visa program has been voted out at the parliament. Earlier PM Antonio Costa announced scraping PGV program which has fulfilled all obligations
- Dominica has announced major changes to family member rules such as siblings not eligible and raising parents/grandparents age to above 65 years.
- Grenada lifts restrictions on Russians applying for CBI from mid 2022 overturning previous ban.
- Vanuatu – EU has imposed full visa waiver suspension for Vanuatu nationals visiting the schengen area from May 2022 after canceling the visa free agreement permanently.
- Bulgaria – Bulgaria’s citizenship by investment program is permanently canceled by government. Bulgaria joins Cyprus, Moldova for shutting down golden passport schemes.
- Turkey has increased the minimum property investment for citizenship to USD 400,000
- St.Kitts and Nevis opened Alternative investment fund as fourth option for CBI requiring minimum investment of $175,000. As of 2021, private homes above $400,000 are eligible under citizenship by investment program under real estate route.
- Malta has the only and last remaining golden passport program in EU remains open for applications.
- Ireland – Ireland’s immigrant investor program dubbed as golden visas are still open for applicants.
- North Macedonia opened a brand new investor citizenship program in Europe based on a refundable investment option.
- United Kingdom has terminated their £2m golden ticket program (tier1 investor route) citing corruption and money laundering.
- Canada – Canada Quebec immigrant investor scheme suspended for review until April 2023.
Please reach us for more information..