Preparing the required documents for your citizenship by investment application is no easy task. It takes a lot of time and effort especially if you are applying with family members. The paperwork is cumbersome and you have to get required attestation for some important documents so that documents originating from one country can be accepted in Dominica. The most important document is police certificate, previous passport and birth certificate.
The Commonwealth of Dominica is a member of Hague apostille convention since November 3, 1978
Latest application forms can only be obtained from authorized agents or at CBIU office for a fee. It is not available for free download online. All applications must be submitted through authorized agent only. The application process is confidential, except where necessary checks are carried out by authorised due diligence agencies and international partners. Authorised Agent who will assist you in preparing the required forms and supporting documents.
- D1 – Disclosure Form
- D2 – Fingerprint and Photograph Verification Form (to be completed in front of a fingerprinting officer)
- D3 – Medical Questionnaire and Certificate (to be completed by a licensed medical practitioner)
- D4 – Investment Agreement (EDF option only; to be completed by the main applicant only)
- Application Form 12 (two (2) completed and notarised copies)
- Sales and Purchase Agreement – (real estate option only)
- Colour copies of all passports held
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate/Dissolution of Marriage Certificate, if applicable
- Police Record from country of birth, country of citizenship, country of residence (if different), and any country in which the applicant has resided for more than six (6) months in the past ten (10) years, for each applicant sixteen (16) years and over. For children aged twelve to fifteen (12-15), a sworn affidavit by the parent that a child does not have criminal record is required
- Colour copy of driver’s licence
- Colour copies of all identity documents/books or cards
- Colour copies of all military service and discharge documents, if applicable
- Colour copies of all documents evidencing a name change (other than through marriage), if applicable
- Eight (8) passport-size photos
- Proof of residential address (lease agreement or utility bill)
- Colour copies of university/college diplomas
- Notarised affidavit of support for each dependant aged 18 or over included in the application, with the exception of the spouse
- HIV test results (for all applicants aged 12 or above)
- Routine blood and urine test results
- One (1) professional reference
- Letter of recommendation from the head of the school/university for children between 12 and 18 years old. Official transcripts from an institution of higher learning or a letter from the competent authority confirming enrolment for children aged 18 to 30 who are currently in a recognised institution of higher learning
- Letter of employment/financial statements
- 12 months bank statements
- Notarised affidavit of source of funds
- Detailed business background reports/resume/CV
- Letter to the Minister
- Proof of payment of relevant fees
- Any colour copies of documents must be notarised and legalised before they’re submitted.
- If any documents are not in English, they must be translated, notarised, and legalised prior to submission.
- The main applicant and adult dependants must sign forms where a signature is required.
- For adult disabled children lacking the capacity to sign forms, appropriate legal documentation must be provided by the person signing the forms demonstrating that person’s legal right to sign on behalf of the dependant.
- For minor children, forms must be signed by both parents or by the child’s legal guardian.