We have compiled most important questions related to Citizenship by investment program in St Kitts and Nevis. The answers for were provided by CIU St Kitts and Nevis, the agency responsible for administering CBI program.
1. Who is required to produce a police certificate?
Each main applicant and all permitted dependents 16 years and older are required to produce a police certificate.
2. Can I contact Citizenship by Investment Unit directly?
The unit engages only with authorised persons. You can contact an authorised person with regards to questions pertaining to your application.
3. Can I submit my application in a language other than English?
No. Applications that are not in English are not prescribed or accepted by the Citizenship by investment Unit.
4. What is the maximum amount of dependents allowed by a main applicant?
There is no numerical limit on the number of permitted dependents.
5. Is the application form available online?
No. The application form for citizenship by investment can only be obtained through and submitted to the Citizen by Investment Unit by an authorised person.
6. What are the requirements of becoming a Citizen by investment?
The main applicant: Must be at least eighteen years of age. Must have made an investment in the prescribed amount. Must meet other application requirements.
7. Who are permitted dependents?
Permitted dependent means: A spouse of the main applicant A child under eighteen (18) years old of the main applicant or his or her spouse
The child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen and thirty years who is in full time attendance at a recognized institution of higher learning after his/her eighteen birthday and/or fully supported by the main applicant
Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his spouse above the age of fifty-five years living with and fully supported by the main applicant
A child of the main applicant or spouse of the main applicant who is above the age of eighteen years and physically or mentally challenged.
8. How long does the application process take?
The application process may take as little as 90days but may be delayed for cause. Applicants will be kept appraised of the status of their applications through their authorised person.
9. Does the Programme recognize same sex marriage?
The laws of St Kitts and Nevis define “spouse” as the partner of the opposite sex by marriage.
10. What documents are required?
Applicants are required to provide the following application forms and supporting documents
- Completed C1 application form
- Completed C2 application form
- Completed C3 application form
- Original excerpt of full birth record or Certified copy of birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details, or a household register, family book etc.)
- Certified copy of proof of name change (Deed Polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable)
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number and issuing country.
- HIV Test Results must be no older than 3 months (children under the age of 12 are exempted)
- Police Certificate “certificate of no criminal record” or “police clearance certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where you have lived for more than 1 year over the past 10 years ( children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- Six (6) photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form)
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- C4 application Form (SIDF Option)
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (Approved Real Estate Option)
- At least 1 original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, charted accountant or other professional of similar standing) not older than 6 months.
- Bank Statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application
- At least 1 original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months.
- Certified copy of Military Records or exemption from military service (if applicable)
- 1 original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public).
- Employment Letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents
- 1 Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together).
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable).
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St Kitts and Nevis
- Affidavit of Financial Support for applicant’s between the ages of 18 -30
- Certified copy of University Degrees (if applicable)
- Limited Power of Attorney