The Greek government has made important changes to the golden visa program for the purpose of permanent residence permit, due to Covid and its effects. The new changes was officially announced by enterprise greece
Amendments were introduced Golden Visa Law on Dec 23rd, 2020 allows investors to apply for residence permits through proxy without setting foot in Greece due to Covid pandemic and worldwide travel ban.
Law 4764/2020, voted on December 23rd allows appointing proxy to complete investment in Greece
The important changes from Jan 2021 include
- Travel exemption: No travel required for investors to enter Greece for submission of applications
- Power of Attorney: Golden visa applications now allowed submitted through proxy (eg. lawyer in Greece) in the form of power of attorney at consulates abroad. The Power of Attorney for the appointment of a proxy, must be signed before a Greek Consular authority.
- Biometric data: Third country nationals and Non-EU citizens must enter Greece in a period of 12 months from the date of the confirmation receipt of the application, in order to submit his biometric data.
Greece offers golden visa, that is immediate permanent residence permit in the schengen area for the following popular investment routes
- Real estate – 250K euro
- Bank deposit – 400K euro (1 year)
- Government bonds and securities – 400K euro (3 years)
- Strategic investment – 300K euro
Please contact us for more information.