Dominica has made important changes to the definition of ‘dependent’ and these changes were published in the Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
Due to these changes, rules for adding adding family members becomes more simple, bringing great benefit to families applying for Dominica citizenship by investment program (DCBIP). Dominica still remains one the cheapest CBI program for families,
Due to Covid-19, in an effort to raise more CBI revenues, the the contributions for EDF donation has been slashed by Dominica Govt from $200,000 to $175,000 for a four member family. Still the Dominica CBI remains one of the cheapest program for one person or families.
Here are the important changes you should know,
- Child of main applicant upto 30 years can now be added to the application (if substantially supported)
- Biological or legally adopted siblings of the main applicant or the main applicant’s spouse may now be included as dependents. The sibling must be aged 25 or under, single, childless, and substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
- A physically or mentally challenged (spouse or child aged 18 years or over) can be included and is substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
- A sibling is under 18, there must be a showing of consent to make an application under the program by all individuals with parental responsibility for that sibling
- It is not required that qualifying parents and grandparents be aged 55 or over, or live with the main applicant
- It is no longer required that an adult child dependent be in attendance at an institution of higher learning
A substantial support does not mean full support provided by main applicant.
Please contact us for more information.