St Kitts and Nevis is one of the beautiful countries in the Caribbean and also a former english colony. It is a small country with just a population of 55,000.
The question of passport starts with citizenship. First you must become a citizen of St Kitts and Nevis, only citizens are issued passports. Remember with any country, there are citizenship plus passport costs must taken into consideration. All passports are issued according to Passport Act. The Minister may, in his or her discretion, issue passports in Saint Kitts and Nevis (SKN) to citizens of Saint Christopher and Nevis. Passports shall remain the property of the government and may be cancelled or withdrawn at any time by the Minister.
The Passport issue fee is US$30. Under CBI, the passport issue costs $350 per person.
There are number of genuine ways foreigners can acquire Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Citizenship By Descent – Find out you have a mother, father or a grandparent ancestry who are born in St Kitts and Nevis. You could apply to become citizen quickly this way, It will only cost you US$ 55. This is probably one of the cheapest ways to become a citizen of SKN.
- Citizenship by Marriage – If you marry a SKN national, you can apply to become citizen after 3 years of unbroken marriage. The fee is US$ 370
- Citizenship By Resident – Foreigners must live and be a resident of SKN for 14 years to become a SKN national. The fee is US$ 1,480 (non Caricom) and US$740 for Caricom nationals.
- Citizenship By Investment – Foreigners must donate a lump sum $150,000 to a state fund or buy a real estate for $200,000 to be granted citizenship in 3 months.
As you can see, St Kitts and Nevis is one of the difficult countries in the world to get citizenship. Naturalizing as resident takes fourteen years of living. This is exactly why citizenship by investment (Cbi) became very popular.
Citizenship by Investment
St Kitts and Nevis is the birthplace of Citizenship by investment and this scheme has been running for 26 years. The CBI legislation offers two routes and donation route is taken by over 90% of applicants, because it is simpler, easier and faster
- Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) – USD 150,000 (single) and USD 195,000 (families). There is also a Covid-19 discount offered by Govt
- Real Estate – USD 200,000 (minimum held for 7 years) plus Govt fee.
To understand fees properly, there are Government fee (donation + due diligence + passport) plus Agent fee.
The Govt will charge you also fee for due diligence background checks. Due diligence fee: US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent above 16 years. Passport fee is USD 350 per person.
All the Govt fees can be greatly varying, depending on ages of children, family members and the country you apply form. In a nutshell, over 90% of the fee you pay goes to the SKN Government.
The best way to understand how much a SKN passport will cost you is to use CBI price calculator.