Covid-19 is changing the world so fast, forcing all citizenship and passport processing services by governments go online towards a true digital future. Citizenship by investment programs are no exception
Few years ago buying citizenship online was thought impossible, ridiculed and criticized. We received criticisms when we launched our first startup CitizenshipShop.com online platform way back in 2016 to promote CBI and RBI schemes.
In 2020, we are happy this idea become a reality and we are heading in the right direction.
With many countries are facing financial meltdown, effective April 2019, in order to attract investments, six countries made changes to citizenship by investment programs, are now accepting citizenship application filing online and after all the background checks are completed (takes 2-3 months), a digitally signed certificate of citizenship is issued. The entire process from start to finish is electronic.
Which citizenships I can legally buy online?
At the moment only these six countries offer citizenships online for investments
1. Antigua and Barbuda 🇦🇬 $100,000 (3 months)
2. Dominica 🇩🇲 $100,000 (3 months)
3. Grenada 🇬🇩 $150,000 (3 months)
4. Saint Lucia 🇱🇨 $100,000 (3 months)
5. Saint Kitts and Nevis 🇰🇳 $150,000 (3 months)
6. Vanuatu 🇻🇺 $130,000 (1.5 months)
All other citizenship programs in Europe still require personal visits, paper work and have not switched accepting online applications.
How does this work?
1. Pay initial retainer deposit 10% to start the application process.
2. Authorized agent will file your application to citizenship office
3. Citizenship approval letter issued electronically in 3 months after all background checks
4. Pay the remaining contribution to government and rest of the agent fees to the agent
5. Citizenship certificate issued electronically by Citizenship Investment Unit (CIU) signed with digital signature
6. Collect Passport at nearby consulate or make alternate arrangements with them
Please note there is an important difference between buying citizenship and buying passport online. At the moment passports cannot be bought online due to security concerns. Passport and visa services are provided by consulates and passport offices.