The Dominican Republic does not have a direct citizenship by investment program, but citizenship can be quickly acquired within one year by becoming a resident investor making $200,000 investment in real estate, bank deposit or in businesses.
Dominican republic is one of the few countries in the world which can offer fastest citizenship through ordinary naturalization.
The Dominican Republic (should not be confused with Dominica) is a huge country with a big and fastest growing economy with a $200 billion GDP and 10 million population. The Dominican Republic is one of the Caribbean’s most geographically diverse countries, offering visitors stunning mountain scenery, desert scrublands, historic colonial architecture, vibrant city life, and famously warm people.
Why Dominican Republic?
The Dominican Republic is the most visited destination in the Caribbean. The year-round golf courses are major attractions. Some 2.7 million Americans now visit the Dominican Republic every year. Many americans visit for tourism or cruise arrivals, many chose to live in the country and also become citizens. The arrival of new construction of projects like Cap Cana, San Souci Port in Santo Domingo, Casa De Campo and the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (ancient Moon Palace Resort) in Punta Cana, attracts large number of holiday makers to Dominican Republic
- Major tourist and luxury holiday destination in the Caribbean
- Low cost second passport
- Asset protection for expats
- Diversify your dual citizenship options
- No taxes on foreign income
- Rapidly expanding real estate market
- Direct Investors: Companies established in Dominican Republic $ 200,000.00,
- Bank Deposit: $ 200,000.00,
- Real Estate Investment: $ 200,000.00,
The residence permit can be issued for 1 year with extensions.
Fast Track Naturalization
Investors can be naturalized for citizenship in 1 year (sometimes less). Dual citizenship allowed.
DR taxes based on territorial taxation, that is foreign-source income is generally not. However, residents are subject to taxation on foreign investments and financial gains. Dominican Republic has signed FATCA reporting in 2016.
What You should Know?
- Dominican republic passport is not a good passport for visa free travel. No visa free access to UK, EU schengen, Canada etc. The investment amounts for Dominican Republic is still expensive, if you want a passport that offers very free travel to many countries, probably a CBI passport from Dominica or Antigua from $100,000 onwards.
- Be aware of several scams with fake passport. We suggest you first visit the country and the the process yourself through a trusted person.
Popular with Foreigners
Dominican Republic is popular with nationals of several countries. According to Migration office statistics, these are the top countries who gain residence permits in Dominican republic
- United States