The Kingdom of Bahrain has opened a new golden visa scheme to foreign investors who invested in real estate and businesses in Bahrain.
The Golden visa scheme is officially known as Self sponsored visa / residence permit aimed at attracting Significant Foreign investment in the Kingdom.
Why Invest in Bahrain?
- Leading financial center in the Gulf Region offering access to $1.5 trillion GCC market
- Major regional trans-shipment and logistics center.
- Freedom to repatriate and transfer profits and capitals.
- Freedom to import and export local and foreign currencies.
- No income, capital, sales, real estate, interest, or concession rights taxes.
- Bahrain offers highest quality of life in the Middle East.
- Bahrain ranks 1st globally for work/life balance and 1st in MENA for personal happiness, regarded highly for its job opportunities, career satisfaction rates, and its friendly culture noted for being the world’s second easiest place to settle in.
- Bahrain offers are low establishment and operational costs for businesses, few indirect taxes for private enterprises and individuals, one hundred percent foreign ownership of business assets
- Bahrain is ranked fourth in terms of cost of living in the Middle East. Bahrain has the highest level of economic freedom in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
There are three investment options to acquire residence in Bahrain
- Business: Foreigners must invest atleast Bahraini Dinars 100,000 BD ($265,000)
- Real Estate: Buy a property atleast BD 50,000 ($135,000). The residence property must be located in touristic zone. For example Al Juffair, Amwaj, Riffa Views, Busaiteen, Abraj Allulu, AlAreen, etc and also must have BD 500 monthly
- Retirees: Above 55 years of age and must earn income of BD 500 ($1350) per month
- Applicant must attend in person or through his legal representative to implement the service.
- Applicant must not be working in governmental or private sectors of the Kingdom.
- Investors need to submit health insurance coverage and tenancy agreement
Investors in above three categories can qualify for ten year residence permit in Bahrain. It is renewable.
Application fee: BD 204 ($550)
The real estate market in the Kingdom of Bahrain witnessed an upward surge during the past decade due to easing ownership and residency restrictions, which made the Kingdom of Bahrain more attractive when it comes to real estate ownership.
The Kingdom of Bahrain offers major facilities for startups and new commercial businesses and for this purpose the Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Tourism launched the one station project under the name of Bahrain Investors Center, which is an advanced step in the national efforts to create a modern investment environment based on facilitating all the services and the procedures required for investment in the Kingdom of Bahrain in accordance with the international standards.