The Czech Republic Golden Visa scheme was launched in August 2017, offering long term residence permit for third country nationals for Significant investment in the country under section 1 (a) and (b) of Government Regulation No 223/2017..
Czech republic (also known as Czechia) is a EU member state since 1 May 2004 and also participates in the schengen area.
Why Czech Republic?
- Czechia attracts investors due to its high quality of life as well as strong economic growth prospects above Eurozone average.
- Strategic location in the heart of central europe with stable political and social system
- Brno, Ostrava and Pilsen attracts more foreign investment
- High yields from attractive real estate market with low investment risk.
- High quality of life with access to best health, education and infrastructure.
- Prague one of the most beautiful tourist capitals visited by over million tourists annually
- Business friendly country with access to huge EU market.
The conditions for significant investment conditions are
- EUR 2.8 million (CZK 75 million) and
- Create at least 20 jobs in the Czech Republic.
The validity of the long-term residence permit for the purpose of investment is up to two years, with unlimited extensions, including to all family members. No compulsory residence requirements.
A solid business plan is also a very important criteria to receive residence permit and it should explain benefits of the investment for the Czech environment that influences the quality of life of the population.
Conditions: Up to 60% investments can me made into IT, Technology, Real estate and manufacturing. The maximum limit that can be invested in real estate or immovable properties is EUR 1.8m.
The Ministry of Interior shall decide on the application for the long-term residence permit for the purpose of investment within 30 days from the day of lodging the application. For particularly complex cases, the time-limit for issuing the decision is 60 days.
Investors and family members have automatic right to work, under the scheme.
Permanent settlement in Czech republic is possible after 5 years of uninterrupted living as investor.
it is possible to naturalize for Czech citizenship after about ten years of living. Other conditions include knowledge of czech language, no criminal record, integration to culture, history and traditions.
Dual citizenship permitted in Czechia starting from 1 January 2014
The Czech passport is one of the top 10 best EU passport in the world with visa free access to 181 countries as of Aug 2019. These countries include United States, Canada, Australia (evisa or eTA)