In Ireland, a minor needs a re-entry visa to leave Ireland for a short period (usually up to 90 days) and then return again with their parents (eg. holidays, home visit).


Minors with IRP or GNIB residence cards do not require re-entry visas.


As a part of new changes in line with EU rules, Ireland has abolished re-entry visas effective from May 13, 2019


Diplomats or other accredited members of staff at an Embassy (Administrative and Technical Staff / Service Staff / Private Domestic Employee) posted to Ireland must continue to apply for a re-entry visa following arrival in the State. Applications should be made via the Protocol Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.


Residence stamps in passport cannot be used for travel