The draft of the Ministry of Economy and Development for greek golden visa scheme is expected to be voted on new amendments to expand the scheme with more investment options. Currently Greece only has EUR 250,000 property investment option.
It is expected from 2019 more options under the golden visa scheme will be available.
The new options will be available under several investment categories:
- Greek companies: A capital injection of a minimum amount of € 400,000 to a company having its registered office or establishment in Greece, except for Portfolio Investment Companies and Real Estate Investment Companies, subject to the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase or bonds issued on a bond loan, which are admitted to trading on regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece.
- Real estate investment companies: Capital injection, amounting to at least EUR 400,000, to a Real Estate Investment Company (REIC), which aims to invest exclusively in Greece, to acquire shares in an increase in its share capital.
- Equity Investment Funds: A capital injection of a minimum amount of € 400,000 to a Equity Investment Fund (EICC) to acquire shares or to an Equity Investment Fund (ACCR) to acquire units if the above Alternative Investment Institutions (AIF) are intended to invest exclusively in companies with headquarters and / or establishment in Greece.
- Government bonds: Purchase of Greek government bonds with a minimum acquisition cost of 400,000 euros and a residual maturity of at least three years at the time of purchase through a credit institution established in Greece, which will also be the custodian of these bonds.
- Bank Deposit: Deposit of a minimum amount of EUR 400,000 to a domestic credit institution, at least a year, with a standing order for renewal.
- Shares, Corporate or Government Bonds: Purchase of shares, corporate bonds or Greek government bonds that are admitted to trading or traded on regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece with a minimum acquisition value of 800,000 euros.
- Mutual Funds: Purchase of units of minimum 400,000 euros in a mutual fund, which is incorporated in Greece or another country and which aims to invest exclusively in shares, corporate bonds or Greek government bonds, which are admitted to trading or traded in regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece.
- Alternative Investment Fund in EU: Purchase of units or shares with a minimum 400,000 Euros of value in an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) established in Greece or another country of the European Union and intended to invest exclusively in immovable property in Greece if (i) the amount of the assets of the AIF is at least EUR 3,000,000 and (ii) the AIF and its manager are licensed by the authority that oversees the capital market of the country in which it is located.