The Malta Residency Visa Agency has announced some amendments to the Malta Residence and Visa Program (MRVP).
The most relevant change for applicants is that the required USD 250,000 investment is debt or equity securities listed in stock exchange also accepted along with government stocks
- Government bonds/stocks
- Debt or equity securities
listed on the Official List of the Malta Stock Exchange.
The investment must be held for five years and refunded fully back after five years without interest.
Investment in these securities may also be achieved through an investment in collective investment schemes that are licensed and are on the Official List of the Malta Stock Exchange.
Malta offers permanent residence rights in th in Malta or Gozo to foreigners who purchase government bonds/stocks/debt/equities with free movement in the schengen area.
- Pay an administration fee of €30,000;
- Pay €5,000 for parents-in-law and grandparents;
- Provide a Health Insurance to cover the entire family/dependants;
- Rent a property for a minimum of €10,000 for a period of five years or purchase a property for a minimum of €270,000.