Greece is planning to launch a new citizenship by investment program during the first quarter of 2020. It is a special limited CBI scheme similar to that of Cyprus with EUR 2 million investment.
This is part of the new renewed efforts by the newly elected Greek government aiming to achieve significant FDI in the country to achieve 3% GDP growth.
Only 200 citizenships will be granted every year under this scheme.
- EU citizen by investment scheme
- Invest in hotels and real estate with prevailing low prices
- Greece has best EU passport in the world with visa free access to US and Canada
- Access to best education and healthcare systems in Europe.
- High living standards and high quality of living.
- Live, work, study and do business in other EU-28 member states
Greek Citizenship by Investment (GCBI)
The Citizenship scheme will be designed by Greek government and foreign investors must satisfy the following criteria.
- Invest EUR 2 million in Greek real estate properties
- Must buy a permanent home for EUR 500,000 and pay EUR 50,000 annually for maintaining the property
- The Greece Citizenship by Investment scheme (GCBI) is limited quota of 200 naturalizations per year
- Investment in properties can be done through Legal entities or Greek companies
- Investors must be a resident in Greece for atleast 6 months before applying for Citizenship
The Greek passport is one of the highly respectable and powerful EU passports in the world. As of 2019, Greece had visa free access to 183 countries, including to UK, US and Canada (eTA required)
Stay tuned for updates!